buspirone and other antipanic agents
Hi, I suffer from anxiety/depression, and am currently on zoloft and klonopin. My doc has prescribed one anxiolytic after another, and each has caused some negative side-effect or the other. Now, he seems to be at a loss!

I was wondering if someone here has taken Buspirone, and it has worked for him/her. Since it is not addictive, it seems to be a nice option, although it does say that patients who have been treated with Benzos respond poorly to it.
Also, how about tandospirone? anyone knows if it works or not?

As for GABA drugs, how about pregabalin? Can it be used for replacing Benzos?

Although I haven't taken Buspirone, or GABA drugs, will let someone else respond to that part of your post.  

I see from reviewing old posts that you must have had quite a journey trying and discarding medications that didn't work and/or had horrific side effects.  We have all been there, done that.  The most difficult part of getting better in my non-medical opinion...

Maybe it would help to figure out the core problem.  Your screen name says it I think!

If it is anxiety, your doc and you can discuss the meds that work on that ...I do know unrelieved anxiety inevitably leads to depression.

I've been taking clonazapam for years alto' it is typically prescribed for short term use.

After anal cancer, my body couldn't tolerate the antidepressants, so it is my only option.

The main thing is finding a drug that will get you functioning well again.  

Best luck...