Anxiety Community
can anxiety affect your eye sight? please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been suffering from anxiety just over a month now and its really hard to explian, but since then my eye sight is not right. i wouldn't say it was double vision more like fuzzy vision, things seem brighter than normal but not were i need to squint to look at things. also like looking at the computor i need to look hard at what i have put in order to read it. i have been to an optitions and she said every thing seems fine however she did give me a note to give to my GP. im sure she said something about sensitivity???? (not sure tho) but not heard from GP.
is there anyone who can relate to this problem that can offer me some advice?
Being that you have been suffering from anxiety for just a month, you will feel all kinds of werid things. Anxiety does affect eye sight. My eyes are really sensitive, and they were not like that before i had anxiety. Sometimes i will see spots or dots. Everything seemed like it had fog over it. It stayed like that till i got on medication to help. And since i started on meds, all the fog went away.

kalie
could i ask you what medication you took/taking as my doctor has prescribed me beta-blockers but have not took any yet as didnt really want to  start taking medication. very strange what anxiety can do to you , i never would thought anxiety was this severe
i am on 20 mgs of lexapro and 0.5 mg of klonipin (klonopin) every morning, if i did not have that i would not be able to leave my house. I know anxiety is horrible!!!! When i started the meds, i had fought for years, i could not take it no more :-)

kalie
Hang in there, it can be a miserable thing. Get diagnosed and get on the meds. if that's what the doc says.

It became chronic with me, partly because I didn't deal with it, a guy thing I guess, but yes it can mess with everything.

for your info..
this is a related website for the symptoms of anxiety...
maybe it helps us to understand our situation...

i've been suffering HIV anxiety eventhough all my tests were normal for
the past 9 months...

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml
I cant give you any advice because i need some myself but i can assure you that your not alone and I am going through the same thing and this computer screen doesnt help!
i think i am having the same thing =/
what type of doctor prescribed your medications, may I ask?
My son is suffering from the same symptoms, and we are trying to find
answers or where to go to get him help
thank you
I have had bad anxiety now for a few yrs. I'm on (which is suppose to be the best for!) Cipralex (10mg a day). I also have sensitive eyes and know what you mean about the vision. I call it "My Fog!". Seems like my visual field seems hazy, but I also can tell everywhere else is crisp/clearer. It's weird to explain to other people that don't have anxiety. The ground can also seem like it goes on an angle and I can stumble over my own feet. Sooo many descriptions with anxiety! Some people will share & some we have on our own. I also get bad panic attacks. I went to a program for anxiety and they put us through "Exposure Therapy!". Worked pretty good. Let me know if you need any more info on that. By the way!  Doesn't mean you will have anxiety forever!!  Keep positive-oh, & learn about the power of deep. Featuring (diaprhamic breathing  and relaxing music -yes-the sappy mind!) lol
Good Luck!
pupgirl
I have this also, I then worry about my eyesight and it makes my anxiety worse, as I don't have the best eyesight in the world anyway. After reading this, i do feel a bit better that maybe this could be the reason, rather than my actual eyesight (I hope) it seems to be very much a vicious circle. I have never been so scared in my life but so scared about my eyesight, and this sounds exactly like me! Hoping I've found the solution so I can stop worrying!
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
0321cja commented on Long standing dry mou...
joihn joined this community
Welcome them!