Anxiety Community
can anxiety cause temporary paranoia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

can anxiety cause temporary paranoia

when suffering from anxiety symptoms can you sometimes feel paranoid about things you wouldn't usually feel paranoid about? Example: every time someone offers me some food or a drink i always wonder if some kind of drug is in it. I never refuse it because i know that there probably isn't anything in it but is this normal?
Well it is an odd example to be described as just a syptom (symptom) of anxiety. Paranoia with anxiety to me would be the mind wondering are others talking about me. Do they know what is up with me. That sort of stuff. You are taking that one step further in my opinion. A wider scope of things your mind is wondering about. But your anxiety could be drug related. Or a fear of drugs. Fear of medication. Then I would say it is normal to have such thoughts with your anxiety. It is just another symptom. To me it would vary person to person depending on the cause of the main anxiety.
I just read the symptoms of anxiety that is on this site..........It is unreal what we are going through...Read them you will be shocked to find your symptoms are "normal" for this illness...
just wanted to say, i also think silly thing like people may have put things in my food drinks etc, and like you i think dont be stupid and have it anyway.... i have had anxiety since a teenager and its not drug related with me,im having councilling at the moment only been 4 times and its helping me a great deal,and you need will power and self talk :0)
yes it sure can...im going threw it now..
TinaR10 Baby girls are so nice to s... Comment
10 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on veronica0808's status
11 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago