Anxiety Community
can anxiety or depression make it hard to love

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Since last week when my 7 months anxiety and depression started to affect my relationship, I have found it hard to lvoe my girlfriend. I was wondering, does anxiety make you feel unloving or hard to love someone?
Because I had a negative thought over my girlfriends body and it sent me into anxiety and depression. Now after that  thought, it has seemed to have made it hard to love her even though deep down I love her!
Is there anyone who has overcome this problem and got their love back?
We will never split up but our relationship isn't at the best right now since I have been suffering with my anxiety for 7 months :(

Please help, Thanks!
anxiety doesnt stop you loving someone at all.

why do you think that of your girlfriends body?

is she overweight? is she slim?
you'd go unhappy if you werent attracted to her no more, is that what you're trying to say?

or is she attractive n you're worried someone else may want her?
For me my anxiety keeps me at the edge of my seat in all areas of life just sitting waiting for the next ball to drop. I have had a tragic life tho so mine is partly ptsd as well. I love my husband anxiety doesn't get in the way of that he has seasonal depression and that can be a challenge.None of these things keeps you from loving they are just obstacles that make it less easy going! Don't lose hope. Have you thought of couple's therapy? It helped us alot! Good luck nd best wishes to you!

AP
I know exactly how your feeling about the love thing.  Currently me and my boyfriend arent in the best place either.  My problem is i keep lashing out at him and taking my anger out at him and i cant control my emotions.  When im really depressed or freaking out i often question our relationship and wonder if were really in love.  Trust me, Anxiety and depression can make a relationship difficult, but as long as you know you love her deep down you will make it through this.  Anxiety and Depression take over your life.  Dont let it take over your love too.  Once it starts taking a toll on that its hard to change it.  I think if you really love her you will overcome this doubt and you will be happy one day with her
ocdhelp commented on Dear future me
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
specialmom commented on Losing Gabe. :(
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms