can psychiatrist's medicine improve will power/self confidence?
i am presently on medicine,,
Alprazolam 0.5 mg thrice daily,,
Etizolam 0.5 mg thrice daily,,
Mirtazapine 15 mg one at night,
Olanazepan 5mg+fluoxanine20mg(fostera 5),
I asked doctor that alpraz and etizolam not giving so much effect so can we stop these,he replied 'no,this medicines help you'.
I cant understand why he told so.
Do these medicine improve will power/self confidence?
i am presently on medicine,,
Alprazolam 0.5 mg thrice daily,,
Etizolam 0.5 mg thrice daily,,
Mirtazapine 15 mg one at night,
I cant understand why he told so.
  What is your exact diagnosis? Olanzapine is also known as Zyprexa which is an antipsychotic. Mitrapazine is Remeron which is an anti-depressent. I would doubt an antipsychotic would be given for anxiety. So although you are on two anti-anxiety agents (Etazolam and Xanax which is the brand name for Alprazolam) you have another diagnosis, I would assume and another set of issues to deal with. You can't discontinue the anti-anxiety agents as they would have to be withdrawn slowly or its dangerous. And of course your anxiety symptoms would return. You can ask your psychiatrist to change them. Xanax is meant for short term use and has a strong potential for a person to build up a tolerance to (all benzos do but that one the most due to the short half life or time it remains in the bloodstream). I know that among the benzodiazepenes Klonopin which I've taken for 10 years without a problem has far less of this potential. But you would need some form of anti-anxiety drug but they could be titrated downwards to see exactly how much you need and as Xanax is not meant for long term use unless you only take it once in a while I suggest that you ask if that could be changed.
  As for self confidence that can be talked over with a therapist. Everyone has that issue. But there's something else going on. And it depends on what your diagnosis is. With anxiety disorder you could have panic attacks. If you are an antipsychotic to treat a psychotic disorder such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective or bipolar with psychotic features, "negative symptoms" (difficulty relating to people) are part of the diagnosis. As a person having recovered from schizoaffective disorder with glycine, a new form of antipsychotic in FDA study (for more information google "Dr. Javitt, glycine", my case study will be published in a psychiatric journal) I have obtained recovery from those symptoms but I used to be afraid of people and unable to make eye contact. But then again I don't know what your primary psychiatric disability is but anti-psychotics are not used for standard anxiety disorder unless there is something else wrong. Please let me know more why all the medications were prescribed (if you don't know ask your psychiatrist) and then I could give you more information. Thanks.