Anxiety Community
chest pain and back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

chest pain and back pain

hi, had been in hell for past two weeks, I actually  had anxiety for 2 years, suffering from alots of crazy symptom, but since 2weeks ago, my symptom get worsen, I kept waking in the night with pain in the chest behind my breast bone and lower part of my left rip bone ( below my breast), then I felt whole my body very hot. Now, my left back and neck also pain. Why does my symptom get worsen , am I really suffered from anxiety? Has anyone like that? Symptom change? I've done alots of test but all negative!!! Can stomach  wind can bad chest pain?
You did the right thing by getting checked out; now it is time to believe the results of the tests in my opinion. When we suffer from health anxiety every little ache, pain, twitch, etc is magnified many times over. In my experience we also begin to scan for problems and if we think we have something, then we have it.  Aches and pains can come from a lot of reasons, but remember when you are tense and full of anxiety it takes a toll on us both physically and mentally.  When I was going through it, I was constantly worn down, sore, had pains all over my body, etc.  

Throughout all of this have you had access to a therapist?  In my opinion, the best way to confront this is with knowledge of why you think the way you do.  You will find that many times there is a distinct pattern of how we think and there are ways to really confront this...keep us posted!
I've also had worsening physical anxiety symptoms over the last month or so and have had numerous tests.  We just have to keep reminding ourselves that this is just anxiety, and there is nothing physically wrong with us.  I've slowly coming to realize this as I've noticed that the more I focus on my symptoms, the worse they'll be.  I also have pain in my chest, which I've had on and off for a few years.  The doc said its just costrochondritis, and it sounds like the pain and area you are describing.  Its pain in the cartilage (in my case, on my left side which is worrisome), and its definitely worse for me when I'm anxious or stressed.  If the docs say you're fine, try keeping busy with other things and not focusing on your symptoms, you might find they subside if you're not thinking of them....I know its hard but try to stay positive and keep us posted!
I agree with Emma82.  This can be a long road...it is not like you can snap your fingers and forget about it right away.  It takes knowledge about the situation.  Feel good that your tests had favorable results. I was the exact same way, but little by little I started to accept the fact I was ok.  Also, I cannot argue with the fact that I am still here....keep working at it; you will get through it!
dianeadelle joined this community
Welcome them!
22 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy not all who wander are lost... Comment
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status