Anxiety Community
chest pain and stomach nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

chest pain and stomach nausea

im 32 years old male for the past few years ive been getting strange sensations in my stomach and chest i get chest pain and also feeling of pressure and also a bloating nausea sensation in my stomach symptoms dont always be the same they change i cud have sum light chest pain and nothing else other days i cud have chest pressure dat cud last for a day im a regular drinker and smoker also i went 2 my gp he said its panic attacks and anxiety just like to know if anyone experience the same symptoms...thanks jason....
Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms.  I assume your GP gave you a workup and checked up on your concerns.  Have you had anxiety issues in the past?  Are you going through a stressful time right now?  
I've suffered from anxiety and panic attacks for over 15 years, and I'm quite shocked that your GP just blew it off as just that. Then again, maybe I shouldn't be. He didn't suggest seeing a cardiologist, or doing an EKG to check your heart? That would be the number one thing to do at your age, being a smoker as well as a drinker. Even so, just having your symptoms, the doctors have to rule out the possibilities of something major going on, such as a heart condition.

If number one is okay, then the next step would be to refer you to a gastroenterologist, because of the strange sensations, chest pain, and bloating in your stomach, which  could mean several things. Gallbladder, stones, ulcer, or bacteria called H. Pylor, for example. There are several bacterias that cause the symptoms you describe.

Now to answer your question, no. While I've heard anxiety and panic attacks can cause some crazy symptoms, it's never caused me any that you mentioned. Intense fear, palpitations, sweating, tremors, stuttering, feeling like I wanna run for my life, or hide in the house, is what my symptoms were before being controlled by medication.
thanks for ur comments nickie ive had an EKG done came back normal i also have been checked for Gallbladder stones and dat was clear havent been tested for an ulcer or h pylori im also due for an endiscopy in 2 weeks time so hopefully dat will shine sum light on wots goin on. i find it hard to eat properly also ive lost a stone in weight in the last month cause of it.
anxiety can come in all shapes and sizes. It can make you feel lightheaded all the way to major stomach issues. My anxiety shows itself in mostly physical symptoms: difficulty breathing, weakness, light headed, stomach issues, chest pain and pressure. I also have irrational thoughts and fears. I have acid reflux and the anxiety makes it worse. Did you GP talk with you about therapy or medication? It is something you might want to think about.
-Kel
i also suffer with acid reflux i take gaviscon and nexium for it i dont suffer from thoughts or fears or anything like dat
still sffering from same symptoms have had ekg was fine slight irreglarity but nothing major also had stress test and echo of my heart all came back normal still gettin symptoms though which is frstrating and still scares me thanks for the replys everyone
My anxiety made me so sick back in september. I was always nauseous and rarely ate. I had numerous tests that all came up fine. I lost 14lbs in just a month. It was awful. I couldn't believe anxiety could make me so physically sick but it did. Talk therapy and medication has helped me. I've gained 10lbs back and am eating much more and even have an appetite again. I still notice some slight stomach troubles but I can usually calm myself down now to help them go away.

I hope you find something to help. Whether its therapy and/or medication.
Jade59 commented on photo
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
specialmom commented on skepticalpeach's status