Anxiety Community
clonazepam with a glass of warm milk

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

clonazepam with a glass of warm milk

can you drink warm milk with clonazepam at bedtime?
Sure you can.  I don't know of any foods or drinks (besides alcohol) that would react badly with this drug... i've been on it several years, with and without various foods, no problems.  Blessings - Blu
better not.
You can drink warm milk with anything I guess.Ask whoever prescribed your meds to ensure that's correct. Good Luck!
I do NOT mean to be confrontational in any way and I have tremendous respect for Chinese medicine, so I AM very interested to know why you suggest this poster not drink warm milk with clonazepam.
Peace
Greenlydia

Well, it's not me anybody is talking to, but in Chinese medicine milk just isn't used much at all.  Dairy isn't considered food for adult mammals in any form of natural medicine, particularly cow's milk.  It presents so many intolerance and allergy problems that can create anxiety and other problems, so generally when you see any practitioner of natural medicine they will advise against dairy and wheat just as a first step.  They might okay fermented dairy, but even then would advise goat or sheeps milk, never cow's milk (or eating beef much, for that matter).   Some ethnic groups do have the enzyme that allows the digestion of dairy, but most people don't, so this is just a good first place to start and see if it helps.  The purpose of the milk is the tryptophan, which is also high in turkey and some other foods, but then you have all the possible digestive and other potential problems to consider.  But it has nothing to do with the clonazepam, which targets GABA, while tryptophan is involved with serotonin production, so it's not that.
10356 commented on msdelight's status
melimeli commented on photo
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms