clutching at straws
Hi!
has anyone ever heard of anxiety manifesting itself in the form of bulbar palsy?
Anxiety wears a lot of hats, rich, and it is hard to say, sometimes, whether it is the cause or effect of anything in particular. But surely, you have some reason to ask. I hope you will enlighten us.
I thank you for your interest. My question relates to my mother who has always suffered from anxiety and insomnia. Last November she suddenly began to slur her speech. MRI was clear so no stroke but three weeks ago her doctor, after looking at EMG results, was concerned it could be Motor Neurons Disease. Until this point there had been no worsening of her symptoms but after finding out what MND is and what it does, her speech has become almost incoherent and her bottom lip tremors. She still has full mobility and walks for several miles a day. She refuses to have another EMG to confirm doctor's opinion. I was hoping someone might be able to offer some encouragement that this is all stress related and hopefully reverseable.