Anxiety Community
constant off balance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

constant off balance

Does anyone experience constant, I mean all the time!!! off balance/kind of dizziness feeling. I am not always anxious, just this. Along with this is a feeling of unreality that comes and goes. I just feel weird.
Yup I do. I'll be walking down my hallway and catch myself bumping into it alot. It's nerves. Anxiety. =) I have the feeling of unreality too sometimes. Kinda scary. But you know what, I've came to realize that its just a symptom of anxiety and that its OKAY, and it will be OKAY... and one day it WILL get better. =)

Take care God Bless!

-Chris-
i have been having the same problem 4 almost 2yrs...it is always there only when i am standing or walking..been to a million docs.still dont know whats wrong
Me too! About 1 1/2 years. Very frustrating. Do you think it's just anxiety? Are you very anxious?
I too have this same feeling. Only mine will affect me sitting down sometimes too. I feel kinda like i'm swaying and i know i'm not, reminds me of being sea sick if that makes any sense. I've had this for a long time now and i believe it's all anxiety related. And yes it is frustrating as it sometimes just makes me feel ill.
God Bless.
I also had the off balance/dizzy problem for the year that I decided to go off Xanax.  I almost become agraphobic.  It was the worse year in my life.  Almost had to quit my job at the time, could not walk in large open, shiny floor spaces...that was the worse.  Avoided the mall, the grocery, all shopping.  And in Vegas....OMG....I can't even describe the shiny floors and the noise....what that did to me.  
Please talk to your dr and get some kind of help whether it be drugs or therapy.  Do no let it ruin your life.  I almost did.
I GET IMBALANCED FEELING ALL THE TIME.  IS THERE ANY OTC MEDS FOR ANXIETY?
I MEAN I'VE HAD THIS IMBALANCE ISSUE SINCE SEP, 2008.  IT WOULD BE NICE TO FEEL NORMDL AGAIN.  I FEEL LIGHTHEADED, SLIGHT DIZZY, SPACED OUT FEELING ALL THE TIME.  FROM THE SECOND I STAND UP I MORNING.  I HAD MY BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKED WHEN I STAND FROM A LYING POSITION...IT WAS OKAY.  HOW DO YOU GO ON THRU LIFE WITH THE STRANGE IMBALANCE SYMTOMS (symptoms)?  I MEAN I FEEL DRUNK.  ANY ADVICE?  THANK YOU ALL!
For almost 7 months now... i have had this off- balanced feeling. I've had MRI, CT scan, ENG...everything turns out normal. I dont know what to do anymore. It has now turned into everywhere i walk i feel like im walking on a boat...and the off balanced feeling is only when im standing or walking never resting.. I'm very worried about having something like MS or some sort of incureable disease... what should i do next?
mishymoshymarcy not all who wander are lost... Comment
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on End of my ttc journey...