contridiction i found to ryan
i found this response u gave someone  where u state klonopin and ativan should never be taking together,an u are advising me to take both,,,, here is your advice...Klonopin is approved for the long-term treatment of epilepsy and panic disorder. The target dosage for panic disorder is 1 mg daily, in two divided doses of 1/2 mg. Tolerance (defined as the need to increase the dosage) is extremely rare, thus Klonopin is indicated for long-term use.

(3) Taken as prescribed (1/2 mg, b.i.d.), the risk of dependency after four months is 100%. This is NOT an issue, and can be managed effectively should the need arrise. Quality of life outweighs dependency.

(4) Klonopin must NEVER be discontinued or stopped abruptly, ever. Do not skip doses, take it exactly as it was prescribed. The therapeutic benefits can only be maintained if the drug is taken properly.

(5) Klonopin must never be taken concomitantly with alcohol, H2 receptor blockers (Tagamet), narcotics, or Erythromycin. It should not be combined with Ativan or other Benzodiazepines.

(6) If you intend to become pregnant, the Klonopin must be discontinued well in advance. Klonopin has been shown to cause severe birth defects.

Should you wait to start the Klonopin? No, as the longer you take Ativan, the greater the likelihood of tolerance is.

I think that covers just about everything.

Ryan
It seems as though Ryan was warning people against combining Klonopin with other benzos WHEN NOT INDICATED, and when not directed by a physician.  In some cases, a person may be prescribed both, example being.....Klonopin for regular maintenence of anxiety/panic, and then an "as needed" medication, like Ativan, or Xanax, to be used occasionally, and only AS NEEDED for severe panic or anxiety.  In those cases, the "rescue" med (the short term benzo, like Ativan) should only be used when needed, and ONLY under the direction of a physician.

Using both meds together increases the chance of more marked sedative effects.  

It is important to remember that everyone is different, and a person's doctor would be the one to discuss the right options for that person....while explaining any potential risks.  Ryan's advice pertains to the general population, b/c concurrent use of two benzos would generally not be the norm.

oh ok....i  had to go off klonopin due to being depressed and now taking it as a as needed bascis and ativan as my main drug............guess its all the same
Well, no, as Ryan said, it's not all the same.  Klonopin stays in the body longer than other benzos, and so is usually used when a person has to be on one for the long term.  Ativan builds up a tolerance because it leaves the body much more quickly, and therefore many people can't use it long term.  But what Ryan gives is general info, and each individual isn't necessarily going to fit the norm.  All benzos are addictive, including klonopin, but you don't have to increase dose to keep it working, which you are more likely to need to do with ativan.  But again, his post you quoted says 1mg is the dose for klonopin per day, but that's not how psychiatrists dose it.  If that works, fine, but if it doesn't, they'll up the dose.  I'm prescribed klonopin at 1mg twice a day.  See, we're all different.  I hope your regiment works for you, but all benzos, being sedatives, can increase depression, just as they can also ease it if it's connected to anxiety.  General info is a starting place, not a finishing place.  
thanks for clearing that up for me...........i was so confused.........im on a schedule right know of 1 mg ativan 4 times a day with 1/2 mg klonopin in the am and 1/2 klonopin in the pm but still having anxiety something fierce,,,,,the dr should have tapered me from the beginning(as i stopped klonopin on sunday) and didnt add any back in till thursday night..in your opinion will this help me in time/   and to u all others sorry
Ryan, myself, and others gave you very specific advice last week about the proper way to re-introduce the Ativan, while tapering off the Klonopin.  Did you ask your doctor about that approach?

It seems as though you continue to ask the same questions, yet never follow the advice we give?  It's a little confusing.
because i guess you arent drs makes me scared to try what u say
Which is why they tell you to ask your doctor.
Check the other thread *(on your "other" id)...ryan made a very important post.  You aren't supposed to just "try" our advice, b/c of course we AREN'T doctors, but when you come asking the same thing over and over, there is only so much we can tell you....when we've already given you our input.

Anyway, check the other thread, b/c like I said, ryan gave you the best suggestion yet.