Anxiety Community
coping during panic attack

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

coping during panic attack

i have read joe barry's panic away, but i feel it is hard to follow what he teach.
how can i accept the panic attack, and flow through it. i was so scared during panic attack, it seems impossible just accept the panic attack, and demand more.
Can anyone share their experiences with how to flow though panic attack?

thanks
Panic attacks can be very hard to accept and get through when you don't understand them in my opinion. The first time I started to experience them I tried to read up on them and educate myself on them as well, but by far the best form of treatment for me was talking it through with a healthcare professional.  Have you talked to anyone about this?
Avatar n tn
i went to one session with psychologist, she taught me some relaxation technic, at meanwhile, i try to do something myself, to learn something that will help me coping with panic attack.

What helps me during a panic attack is to tell myself that I've been through this before. I've had these feelings before and that I got through them. And I can get through these too. Just tell yourself that this is nothing new. Remember, that these feelings are scary however, they are normal. Panic and anxiety is a natural feeling that is displaced in everyday life. You might want to continue with counseling. For me, I like to write so when I have a panic attack I do just that. I'll write a post, or reply to posts here or I will write how I feel, a short story or a song or something. You can't fight your feelings because anxiety feeds off of that. Good luck, and maybe you should continue to seek counseling.
Avatar n tn
thank you for sharing your experience
im 17, and i've been having problems with panic attacks since i was fifteen. it was just one incident out of the blue but ever since then, i have had problems with my anxiety and panic attacks. what i find helps me is getting my mind off of it as soon as possible. if i begin to think about it, i start to doodle on my paper. i love to draw, so when i start drawing something, it turns my focus and attention towards my drawing and pretty soon ill be calmer. i havent really read up on panic attacks much, but i did go to the doctor aroudn the time that it first started. they couldnt really do anything for me or suggest anything so i have just tried to deal with it myself. i hope that this suggestion might help you:)
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms