Anxiety Community
could i be addicted to alprazolam?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

could i be addicted to alprazolam?

I´ve been having anxiety over the last year, recently its got worse i´ve been taking 0.25 mg o alprazolam whenever i really need it. Lately thats been 3 times a week 0.25mg. Could i be addicted and that my anxiety is coming from withdrawal symptoms? My crisis has passed so there is no real reason for me to have this anxiety.
Anxiety can persist for a long time, even once the crisis has passed in my experience.  Throughout all of this, have you been seeing a therapist to see why your stress has been going up.  You can get addicted to benzos, but you were not taking that much, however, it is usually prescribed short term and is used on an as needed basis...have you talked to your doctor about it?  
Seems unlikely since you are not overdosing and are not on a maintenance dose.
thats a very low dose so as others have said, it's not likely. however, i've seen and experienced addiction at very low doses, so it can happen. the question is that is it really addiction or the beginning of addiction at that level? for me it would be addiction...for others it wouldn't. it's all individual which is why it's important to have a somewhat close doctor-patient relationship when taking those types of meds.
I would have to agree with flob.  Addictions can happen at any dose, and staying in close consultation with your doctor is a must.  
dominosarah commented on photo
48 mins ago
mymedsyourmeds joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago
Barb135 commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms