Anxiety Community
could lots of anxiety cause your body temp to be slightly elevated?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

could lots of anxiety cause your body temp to be slightly elevated?

Lately I have noticed that my temp is around 99.0-99.2 F.  I was wondering if this could be caused my having major anxiety? I have pretty bad health anxiety, and I was thinking it could be causing this. Any ideas?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yikes I don't know.  What kind of thermometer are you using?  Some can be inaccurate.  Do you feel fevered?  If I take a nap I get really warm - I call it my furnace.  I know a woman's temp changes with their ovulation cycle, but other than that thyroid trouble can cause those things I believe.  I think I would get that checked by a Doc - a simple blood test just to be sure.  Otherwise, 98.6 is considered an "average" for a reason, because its an average only.  Some people naturally run higher and some lower.  How about your blood pressure?  My blood pressure and temp are always low (97.0) and blood pressure is always freakishly low according to family doc.  I have been tested for thyroid and everything else a million times and nothing's wrong.  
Blank
193245_tn?1189993322
Yes, I think it can.  Also, the body temp for most people tends to increase as the day goes along.

During anxious spells or panic attacks, I've observed my body temperature vary wildly.  Sometimes low, sometimes high.  It's even broken 100 briefly, although rarely.  Conversely, it's also gotten near hypothermia range a couple times.

On none of these occasions was I sick.

I believe it can also be a symptom of thyroid trouble, and thyroid trouble can cause anxiety.  So you might have that checked out.  My thyroid's was functioning properly and I still had the variations, though.

Blank
183933_tn?1290220562
I do have thyroid problems but I am properly medicated for it. I am doing invitro-fertilization right now, and I am on lots of hormones. My temp has only gotten to 99.2 at the highest, and that was in the afternoon. I will definitely ask my doctor about this. Thank you guys!
Blank
AHA!  I bet it's the hormones.  Keep us updated:)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom forgot about baseball laun... Comment
1 hr ago
Blank
revfrankvictor commented on  Things Killing Your ...
1 hr ago
4059843_tn?1396170837
Blank
mishymoshymarcy I was doing so well.... wha... Comment
1 hr ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank