Anxiety Community
could this be anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

could this be anxiety?

hi i'm 28 year old male. And i've had severe anxiety and ocd for about 16 years. when i was 22 i was drinking alchol alot one night and when i woke up i had alot of trouble speaking,thinking, and my memory. It lasted for  awhile and i still feel like i have problems from that experience. Nothing showed on ct scan and other tests. About 8 days ago i was anxious and was smoking a cigerette after i finished it i felt out of breath,light headed, and my heart was pounding fast. I've felt this way before from smoking but aftwards i felt really spaced out. And the days after i noticed my thinking,memory, and concentration is not as sharp. I've been only smoking for 6 months, i am about 50 pounds overweight. My concern is that i had a stroke and it caused brain damage. Or could these symptoms be anxiety?, i have been dealing with some very stressful situations lateley.
I myself smoke and have on occasion felt light headed and out of breath, racing heart. Nicotine is in fact a stimulant and it can aggravate anxiety. That being said, if you are seriously concerned, visit a doctor, but it is unlikely you've had a stroke. Anxiety affects us in strange ways. I, for one, haven't been able to think straight or concentrate for a couple weeks. It's anxiety related, but it does get me thinking that I have a brain tumor, stroke, ect.
And in my sarcastic nature I must say, quit smoking and you won't have to deal with the out of breath/heart pounding :) when I quit I felt the best I ever have... And I definitely need to quit again!
Hey thank you  for your advice. I think i will see a doc just to make sure. So far i haven't smoked for 2 days now, and hopefully i can quit for good. I definetly feel more anxious not smoking though. Good luck on quitting  too!
Quitting will make anxiety a bit worse for a short while, but I promise it will go away and you won't have to deal with the anxiety created by smoking or trying to quit anymore! I found that exercising, even just a short thirty minute walk helped a lot when I was in the process of quitting. I didn't smoke today... Maybe I can keep it goin!
gyspy09 commented on gyspy09's status
1 min ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago
gyspy09 two weeks get stupid alchol... Comment
1 hr ago