Anxiety Community
crippling anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

crippling anxiety

hi everyone dont no how long i can go on like this i just feel smothered with this anxiety.worry every minite of the day.worry about my hubby now as he had a mini stroke on monday.could not even go to hospital with him because of this horrble dread that anxiety is.he got home andis going to be fine but  still worry it never ends..feel so guilty as i think he was worrying about me.this illness is so destroyiing when will it end.cant seem to get peace of mind on edge from mornnig till night.does it get any easier.thanks for any replies kat x
I'm so sorry about your husband but very glad to hear he's doing fine now.
All of us here at this forum understand what you're going through. Yes, anxiety is horrible!
Have you ever been in any kind of therapy and or taken meds for your anxiety?
We're here to listen and help anyway we can.
YES! THERE IS HELP! :-)  Seek therapy, counseling, and see your doctor for a full exam.  These things together will help you manage your anxiety.  I have done it.  It works.  Do not be afraid to take a prescription if your doctor feels you need one.  Anti-anxiety meds are exactly what they are meant for, and the doctor will not give you anything that will hurt you.  Blessings - Blu
thanks remar was on mirtazipine for depresion doctor changed it to venlafaxine.only been on it three days.got to go back and see him on 5th july as he said he would see about my anxiety then.thanks for reading kat x
thanks blu for your advice.hopfully i will get something when i go back to docs on 5th july.thanks again xx
Hang in there!  Give it time!  I know it stink and we have all been there.  It does get better.  Its a hard road but YOU CAN DO IT!!!  You are not alone!
thanks kimberly it helps to no i am not alone xx
I'm glad to hear your Dr gave you something. I hope he explained to you that it can take some time to build up in your system and start working.
No, you are not alone. All of here truly do understand how you're feeling with this horrible anxiety.
Are you doing okay in these last 3 days of being on the new med?
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
54 mins ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
jedsie commented on Why You Might Have A ...