Anxiety Community
daily headache

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

daily headache

am a 17 year old male with good overall health and i have been having headaches every day all day for about 5 days straight now. Now this has happened before during the winter and i went to the doctor and he said it was anxiety/stress but told me to go and get a CT scan done anyways just to make sure it wasnt anything serious. i did that and everything was normal on the CT scan and my headache went away on its own a little while later. But now i have a headahce again and am worried about it again, do u think it is just stress b/c my CT scan results came back normal before.......
it is a mild pain that travels all around my head and it is at different spots at different times. the doctor wanted to rule out a brain tumor and he did so i dont think it could be that.  i guess what im trying to say is.....do u think it is a brain tumor? or is it just stress again b/c i have a lot of things on my mind. and i am worrying about the headache on top of that.

I know that when I was suffering badly from my anxiety I had a constant headache for six months straight.  It was like a pressure headache with a lightheaded feeling.  I ran the gamut of tests also. Eyes, cat scans, mri, you name it..all the way to a neurologist.  It ended up just being tension headaches.  It was all due to my anxiety and depression.  To clear your mind, go back to the doctor for another scan and also get your eyes checked...maybe it is eye strain.  If all comes back normal (which it probably will) then welcome to Anxiety Club.  The best way to deal with it then is diversion.  Keep yourself occupied with other things and thoughts.  I know that it can be hell, but it will work with constant practice.  If it is unbearable, then see about what medications can help you.  Best to you!
Avatar n tn
ya thanks for that i feel a little better now
Avatar n tn
I am also in the Anxiety Club in regards to headaches.  After seeing a neurologist 10 yrs ago and having cat scans, mri's etc....just tension headaches from anxiety.  
My neck also stiffens up from the anxiety.  I was sent to physical therapy 10 yrs ago to loosen up my neck muscles as the headaches were so bad I had a hard time lifting my head off my pillow (seriously) and I had 3 young children then.  For the first time in my life after going to physical therapy for a few weeks I could feel my shoulders and neck relaxed.  Now, I can feel the pain/stress/anxiety when my neck/shoulder muscles stiffen and I try to do things to relax.  Exercises for your back muscles help also.  Stretching your neck muscles, etc.  I learned all that in physical therapy years ago.
Take care.
you had headaches for 6 month straight suzi?  heh i seem to be having that and my neurology appointment is still a month away.  did it ever feel like your head was twitching?  cold hands/feet with weird tingling like the tips of my fingers or bottom of my heel.  either way im scared sh*tless considering the appointment is a month away!  

Also i seem to feel my head sway and my balance isnt perfect when standing still/eyes shut.

:l another crappy night!
i have had a headache for 3 weeks str8 so far now. i honestly think its the weather change(if ur from so cal)
I had constant headaches when I had severe anxiety (lol, I have it all the time...) but it went away in...about 2 weeks. Wait a while, if it lasts for a month...Go see a doctor. It could be migraine.
meiwolf3 added the Exercise Tracker
7 mins ago
JGF25 is optimistic...once again! Comment
25 mins ago
Barb135, and Jade59 commented on dominosarah's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms