Anxiety Community
dehydration

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

dehydration

OK! well I've been super sick with a really bad cold for the last like 4 or 5 days. I haven't even left my house in 4 days.... no matter what its' like I can't keep my temperature down! its constantly yo-yoing between 98.9 and 101. and I'm SO INCREDIBLY TIRED ALL THE TIME since i've been sick i can barely keep my eyes open.... so anyway today I decided "ok, I've waited long enough, I'm going to the doctors..." and then of course they said my blood pressure was low and my heart rate was high and that I was really dehydrated, so he told me to drink the world of stuff like gatorade, and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic which he said should help with me being so tired all the time, and then he gave me cough medicine and even an inhaler for if the cough gets really bad!

But of course since they said "dehydrated" now I'm super panicking and I went home and cried FOREVER. Like, what if I die of dehydration?? what if I have some kind of diabetes and no one knows it?? what if I drink too much water and die from over-hydrating?? OMG OMG OMG!! And now im super tired and scared to sleep, cuz i think i've been sleeping too much, and I'm aggravating people like my sister for being so paranoid, so If someone could just give me some support and reassure me that im normal that would REALLY REALLY REALLY help.

THNX.
If you were that dehydrated, they wouldn't have let you go home.  When dehydrated it's important to drink slowly.  You'll be fine.
Avatar n tn
PLEASE DONT WORRY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MIND CAN DO YOU ARE SICK LIKE EVERYBODY WITH TEMPERATURE ITS NORMAL.............
Avatar n tn
When you get sick it amplifies your anxiety.  Don't worry.  I have been dehydrated so many times its ridiculous - I'm still here.  I just drank some pedialyte and gatorade and water, and back to norm.  You wouldn't even have the energy to worry this much if you were severely dehydrated.  You just are sick like anyone else that gets sick.  Take care:)
Like the other post said, if you were too dehydrated, they would have put you on an IV....that's what happened to me once when I was totally dehydrated (from a tanning salon!!).  They never would have sent you home.  

Just drink the fluids and let yourself take the time you need to get better.  Your pressure and heart rate will go back to normal once your temperature goes down and you get liquids in you.  ENJOY THE REST!!!
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms