deppresion around thoughts about death
I am male 16, and i was always fairly happy, i went through stages of feeling down as we all do or did about how i look, being rubbish with girls, the usual................. but now im really worried, ive started thinking about how insignificant my life is i will just die soon, and ive lost ambition in everything because i dont feel like there is any point in doing things when it will all be forgotton, will disappear. It scares me and im usaually very anbitios, i loved to compete in music chess rackuet sports, anything. but i dont feel like doing anything now. i took 3 or 4 deppresion tests and all were positive, however the multiple choice questons can be quite suggestive so i dont really trust them. i dot know what help im asking for really, i just need some comments from people as i dont  want to talk about it to people i know.
By the way, im sorry to be blunt but there is no way i can be converted to religion,.... whilst i respect what religion can do for people it does not satisfy me as to me it is not tangible it doesnt make sence. oh and i had vague suicidal thoughts but not strong ones.

thankyou to anyone who can help or just relate to me... any comments appreciated
Matt, being a teenager is a rough time.  Since you said you were always fairly happy, I can only suppose that something has happened in your life that has triggered depression feelings.  Just know that this is definitely something that can be dealt with, with positive results.  

First of all, you really need to get a proper diagnosis which means seeing a doctor.  A psychologist preferably.  I know you do not want to talk to the people you know about it, but it really is a good idea to let your parents know how you are feeling.  If you think back to how you used to be when you enjoyed life, don't you want to get there again?  If getting there means talking to your parents about your problems, isn't it worth it?  In my mind it is certainly worth it.  And as a parent of two boys around your age, I would want to know so that I could help them any way I could.  This is not something you have to suffer with by yourself.  

So please talk to your parents, let them take you to the doctors, and get this diagnosed and treated so that you can be back to your normal happy self once again.  This happens to a lot of people at all different ages so there is also no need to be ashamed of how you are feeling.  Everybody on this forum is here for you so post again if you need to but remember, you need to be proactive in order to get better and that means talking to your parents.  

All my best.
http://near-death.com/ -changed my life