Anxiety Community
disoriented and confused
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

disoriented and confused

does anyone ever feel disoriented after waking up sometimes? like its been happening to me alot where i wake up and for a few seconds i have no idea where i am, or who i am. this is worrying me alot. also sometimes i wake up and i feel like my mind is completely blank like i just kind of stare at the ceiling for a minute or so because i feel like my brain hasnt been switched on yet. im worried :S
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1402011_tn?1291415382
Hi Andrew,

No need to worry, I get that in cycles and know what you are talking about. I will wake up and feel like my mind is still in some dream state and that "reality" has not caught up yet. It can be scary especially when you hit the point when you want to remember something or know where you are and cannot. I think non anxiety folks can relate to this feeling if they are traveling and wake up in a new hotel room at night and have to adjust for a few seconds to orient themselves.

I wouldn't worry about this one, it is normal.
Blank
Yes, this has happened to me a few times and I have been curious about it. It's happened even when wake up in familiar places, like my own bed. When it is the worst is in the middle of the night and everything is black and I can't see. I guess I just panic so much and don't know where I'm at I try to get up and find out or find something familiar. I usually end up looking for a door and find my way lost in my own room! It's only when I see some sort of light that I find my bearings and realize where I am. It usuallys lasts about 30 seconds and it scares the crap out of me. Can this be a precursor to an underlying issue?
Blank
1719918_tn?1309301230
Haha, I actually had this happen this morning.  I have no idea what it is, but it has me worried too.  Waking up and feeling as if my brain isn't on yet.  It gets me worried, but it usually clears up after a half hour or so, and sometimes I just roll over and sleep it off.

I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that experiences it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
pixielv commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
3 hrs ago
Blank
Coolevelynnn added the Weight Tracker
4 hrs ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on heather727's status
5 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms