Anxiety Community
dissociations from reality.

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

dissociations from reality.

ill accidentaly slip too far into daydreams. i know theyre not real. im not sure if ill ever be able to think theyre real, but it seems close. and everything seems realy important. my brother mentioned dinner to me earlier for instance, and in the back of my head, i KNEW that dinner was the most important thing in the world, and that if we didnt get there, something terrible would happen. once i get to dinner though, i realize that the importance of dinner was only something i told myself.
my mind fights against itself. if i think of something bad, my mind will convince me that im in danger. but im also thinking clear as day at the same time and know im safe, all while still feeling at danger.
and i think that im constantly asking myself "are they talking about you" but im not sure.
its not that i have realy lost touch with reality. but i am starting to lose trust in my own thoughts.
is this what anxiety is? does anyone else feel this way?
i have experienced something similar and i can tell you that you are not going crazy, but this isnt normal either, you should definetly check with your gp cause these may be symptoms of panic attacks or anxiety as you said furthermore a more serious mental illness that might need psiquiatric assitance, but this can be fixed if you are willing to try talk therapy. any further question im willing to answer as i have suffered from similar sympotms and have a 10years experience with therapy
It can be anxiety, and it appears that for some reason you are consumed with feelings of something bad happening to you.  Talk to your parents about this so they can get you the proper diagnosis and treatment.  You're not going crazy, you're well aware of what you're doing which tells me with some help you can overcome this.  There may have been something from your past that is fueling these thoughts and with therapy you can learn what it is and overcome it. We all need some help from time to time, so don't feel alone.  I recommend a psychiatrist because this is their field, they are most knowledgable with the medications, and can refer you to the proper therapist.  It will be okay, talk to your parents and go from there.  We're always here for you, so feel free to share or just vent if necessary.  We care and understand.
50-Year Cover-Up
50 mins ago by gymdandee
Jade59 commented on stilltrying1965's status
mishymoshymarcy I AM HEALTHY. I AM HAPPY. I... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms