Anxiety Community
dizziness, light headed, feeling anxious.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I just ate a large frosted sugar cookie and nothing else. Went to the grocery store immediately after eating this cookie. Inside of the store I suddenly became very uneasy, light-headed, anxious, and felt dizzy. I wanted to leave immediately but had to pick up the items that I went for. Is this related to the intake of too much refined sugar?
Yes.I cannot eat cupcakes, the frosted sugar cookies or frosted cake from the grocery store because of the amount of sugar in the frosting. I get immediately dizzy and anxious and get messed up big time, plus a headache. My 7 year old son is the same way, he won't even eat it because he feels so bad when he does.
You should get your blood sugar checked. It sounds like you have reactive hypoglycemia. This is what it is: You eat sugar, your body over produces insulin in reaction to the sugar overload. Problem is, it is eating all the sugar out of your blood. Then comes the cold sweats, dizziness, lightheaded, anxiety, like a panic attack. Panic attacks, Mitral Valve Prolapse, and hypoglycemia all have pretty much the same symptoms. I know, I have had them all. So please get it checked before something bad happens. Let me know what happens. Good Luck.
Sounds like either low blood sugar... and the feeling it gave you made you anxious? A little nervous/scared? When I get low on sugar... I get light headed, shaky legs and hands... and sweaty. Until I eat something.

Also, it could just be anxiety? But I'm assuming low blood sugar. Which most of us get! It doesnt mean that you are diabetic or anything! My whole family get's dizzy and stuff when we get too hungry... or don't eat much during the day, and all you eat is something with sugar... and when the sugar rush leaves... you get a sugar low..

Common.

Wouldnt hurt to get some blood work if you are concerned. But I wouldnt be so concerned at all. =)
How do you get tested for reactive hypoglicemia and how is it treated/ managed? Is it the same as normal hypoglicemia?

Also, my doctor said that it is normal to have these highs and lows if you eat a lot refined sugar or just plain sugary stuff. Anyone, regardless of hypoglicemia or diabets will have highs and lows with these foods, some more than others, cutting them out or down will reduce this - correct?
ask your doctor how to get tested lol
I do not have low blood pressure , but seem to get doozy threw out the day, I think it scares me and that brings on the anxiety , I love my sugar and after reading these post I'm thinking I should cut it out!!! What are reasons other then low blood pressure, diabetic or anxiety. ???
Jade59 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on Cee lo