Anxiety Community
dizziness too much sugar???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

dizziness too much sugar???

Ok, so I had way to much sugar today. I had high sugar cereal for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch, and about 7 or 8 chocolate chip cookies. I just got a really bad dizzy spell. It only lasted a minute or two, but I was terrified. Does anyone think that it could be from eating all of the sugar? I dont know if I should have posted this question here or not, but I thought someone might be able to help. THank you!
Oh, definitely, sugar can cause a rise in adrenaline, which may explain your problem. Maybe a doctor on this site could verify this. But I know my big enemy is caffeine. I love Starbucks chai tea lattes so much! I try to sip a bottle of water as I enjoy my them, to temper the effects of the caffeine. Anyway, I hope I've helped you some :o)
It's so hard to be good, isn't it? I had two donuts the other day and thought I was going to lose my mind. Now I can't even look at one without recalling how awful it made me feel, LOL! Best wishes to you…
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt too crazy!! I have been trying to stay away from sugar, and cutting back on some carbs to live a healthier life and lose some weight. I just had to binge today. I wont do that again!!
I was sitting and doing cross stitch looking down, and then all of a sudden the room started spinning a little bit. It only happened once. I have had dizzy spells in the past which I attributed to sinus/ inner ear issues, but this one just scared me for some reason. I also just read that the new pill(birth control) I was on could cause sinus problems. I just stopped the pill this week so I am waiting to see if anything changes. I think it might have been a combination from the sugar, anxiety that I have been having, and the birth control pill, plus the fact that I had been looking down for about an hour or so, that made me feel that way.
torque - do you mean,  when you were seated the room was spinning?  Or do you mean you felt kind of buzzy and nauseated.

Thanks for the info yet again, coffycup.  I wasn't aware of the sugar/adrenalin connection.  I too had to switch to decaf, but I still load it up with the sugared creamers, and I do consume a lot of sweets some days, and don't drink much water regularly.  

Neat to hear what other people have done to help with their dizziness.  A hearty thanks!
Jade59 commented on photo
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
specialmom commented on skepticalpeach's status