dizziness too much sugar???
Ok, so I had way to much sugar today. I had high sugar cereal for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch, and about 7 or 8 chocolate chip cookies. I just got a really bad dizzy spell. It only lasted a minute or two, but I was terrified. Does anyone think that it could be from eating all of the sugar? I dont know if I should have posted this question here or not, but I thought someone might be able to help. THank you!
Oh, definitely, sugar can cause a rise in adrenaline, which may explain your problem. Maybe a doctor on this site could verify this. But I know my big enemy is caffeine. I love Starbucks chai tea lattes so much! I try to sip a bottle of water as I enjoy my them, to temper the effects of the caffeine. Anyway, I hope I've helped you some :o)
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt too crazy!! I have been trying to stay away from sugar, and cutting back on some carbs to live a healthier life and lose some weight. I just had to binge today. I wont do that again!!
It's so hard to be good, isn't it? I had two donuts the other day and thought I was going to lose my mind. Now I can't even look at one without recalling how awful it made me feel, LOL! Best wishes to you…
I was sitting and doing cross stitch looking down, and then all of a sudden the room started spinning a little bit. It only happened once. I have had dizzy spells in the past which I attributed to sinus/ inner ear issues, but this one just scared me for some reason. I also just read that the new pill(birth control) I was on could cause sinus problems. I just stopped the pill this week so I am waiting to see if anything changes. I think it might have been a combination from the sugar, anxiety that I have been having, and the birth control pill, plus the fact that I had been looking down for about an hour or so, that made me feel that way.
torque - do you mean,  when you were seated the room was spinning?  Or do you mean you felt kind of buzzy and nauseated.

Thanks for the info yet again, coffycup.  I wasn't aware of the sugar/adrenalin connection.  I too had to switch to decaf, but I still load it up with the sugared creamers, and I do consume a lot of sweets some days, and don't drink much water regularly.  

Neat to hear what other people have done to help with their dizziness.  A hearty thanks!