Anxiety Community
does it last forever?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

does it last forever?

I have just recently started having anxiety and one panic attack. anxiety is usually around my cycle. I've just kind of dealt with it. Then I had a panic attack. Again around my cycle but this time the anxiety has not let up. My  GP put me on klonopin .5mg twice a day. Which it does help but My gyno thinks I need to be on a SSRI which is Prozac. On day 4 and so far no side effects other than decreased appitiete. Just wondering if I'm going to have to take this forever. I'm just confused by the sudden onset. I need a reason for this to be happening then maybe I can accecpt it better. Home life is good kids well are just kids. I am 39 and perimenopause has been mentioned. hormone test have been done waiting on results  but my Thyroid is ok. Anyone have any advice, experiences or ideas to what causes anxiety? Thanks!
Tags: Anxiety
I am 24 yrs old and I suffer from anxiety disorder. I too have been where you are. I went from ER to ER trying to find a solution as to why I was feeling this way. I got it out of the blue one day in April of this year and I wanted to die thinking that I was going to live like this forever. I went to Gen Dr. and he wanted to put me on pills and I denied his help. He wanted to give me depression pills and Anxiety meds. Let me tell you that, that is the worst thing you can do. You become addicted to them and you feel like you cant be normal without them so you begin to rely on them. They are meant to be temp so that little by little you can go ahead and get off of them. Well I told myself that I would get through on my home as hard as it was for me. Everything I didnt want to do, I did. I kept looking up my symptoms online because I needed answers. I came across ANXIETY DISORDER and it had everything I was going through. Look it up and read it once you see it. you will see you are not alone anymore and that others feel the same way. Its jst anxiety you will be ok. You will learn to cope with it. Seek a therapist and she will help you with breathing techniques. I started to excercise and eat healthier and I have found that long walks alone help me a lot. It took me 4 months to feel better, dont get me wrong i still get the anxiety once in a while, but I have learned to cope with it because I know what it is now. Doesnt scare me anymore. Look for a therapist to help you. Sometimes Drs will tell you tht you might need to take depression pills because you might have a chemical imbalance. Dont do it! But do not stop taking pills with out notifying Dr. please cause that is also dangerous.I hope this helps you somewhat.
Hello there,

Anxiety can come up pretty much out of anything that is bothersome to you, sometimes from thing you've "buried". Yet again, some people experience anxiety episodes from what they think is nothin, but sometimes things can be promoting or be the actual cause of the anxiety even though they may be unaware of it. What brings it on could be anything really, everybody responds to certain events or circumstances differently. Some people don't like anxiety because it can be physically uncomfortable and then afterwards they are somewhat afriad of anxiety because of the discomfort it can bring. In a way, you can get anxious about being anxious. Pretty ridiculous isn't it?

But do understand that is normal to have these ideas about it "lasting forever" but believe me, it does not last forever. Anxiety is actually pretty easy to treat in a number of ways (I know you may not be thinking that is true but it is) and the people don't relapse. What you need to do is comb through and find out what, in any way, maybe be bothersome or worrisome to you. Sometimes folks who have anxiety are anxious because they just don't what is causing the anxiety, and that is totally understandable. It makes them a little uncertain. But when you are able to identify what it is, then that itself takes quite of the burden off your shoulders since you know what it causing the issue.

Believe it or not, anxiety issues are not always mental in nature, they can actually be caused or exacerbated by nutrition. Certain foods that we eat can literally cause anxiety or predispose to it more readily, this has been documented and there have numerous studies done on it. You may want to consider that. As with me, my anxiety which lasted for a few months was brought on by a bad mental landscape, not eating well and not exercising. Plus, I hadn't been socializing much either, which contributed to it.

So all in all, anxiety has many avenues as to why it happens, but they can and will be resolved. Find out what the problem is, then take action to resolve it. Anxiety itself can cause irrational thinking or beliefs, negative changes in behaviour and therefore subsequent actions and this where you need to draw the line.

As for therapy, it ranges from CBT (very effective), to behavioural therapy, one of the oldest but most solid techniques, to just daily relaxation (this is what I did and it has pretty much stopped the anxiety in conjunction to eating healthy and keeping active) which can be really effective.

Anyway, I hope that this does provide you with some information, many folks are here to listen and communicate with you about it. Best regards.
Thank you both for the replies! Ihave thought about talking to a therapist just to see if it helps. Although I'm not really sure what we would talk about. I do have a very busy crazy life but so do alot of other people! I just pray this passes and passes quickly! Thank you both again!
Thank you, you comment was really helpful to me :-)
Gulfstream2  

he/she said something great
some people mightnot like anxiety because of the unconfort
but maybe if we try to face it as a normal thing, and not let it stop us
maybe we could deal with it better
its just that maybe some peopel have a higher expectation on what feeling happy is like, as if these sort of emotions should never come, when, sometimes, they are very natural and actually, healthy, in a way
if not extreme
the worst thing is the fear of fearing
the fear of feeling bad, when, actually, you could turn it out, sometimes
living the moment, and not anticipating things, even though in your memory, there could be a stressfull path, but, also, it couldnt
ziptup added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
16 mins ago
vicki595 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
meegWpaw commented on Feeling real and tryi...