Anxiety Community
does paxil work?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

does paxil work?

Please if you have taken it give me your experience. I have had bad anxiety and panic attacks for about 2 months now. I have had a rx for paxil that I have not taken. I'm really debating whether to take it or not. I have read online bad and good reviews. The doc told me it would take a week or two to work and that I might feel more anxious at first. He told me that  can start with half a pill a day and see how I feel. Well when I first got the rx I took the half a pill for two days and didn't notice any difference. So the next day I decided to take the whole pill which is 20 mg. Oh boy was that not a good idea. I took it at night before bed so that if I did have effects I would be asleep. Well I woke up early the next morning with the worst anxiety every. I was so uncontrollably shaky. I literally had to take an ambien at 7 in the morning just to calm my nerves. I never took it again after that. So I think I took a total of 2 pills. I just really want my anxiety to go away. My doc gave me xanax for my panic attacks but I just wish that I didn't have this anxiety. Some days I am fine but then some days I am so bad that I cannot function. Then I think to myself "maybe I would feel better already if I would have just stuck to the paxil". Is it really going to make me feel better? Can I take the xanax with it if the paxil does make me feel worse in the beginning. Please help me.
We all can respond to these meds differently. I did great on Paxil. It started working within a week. The first few days were kind of hard with dizziness and nausea but that went away. I would have stayed on Paxil but I gained a lot of weight. Before I was on this med I had a problem with not eating and after I stared taking it I was so relaxed all I wanted to do was eat. All I can recommend is giving Paxil a couple of weeks to kick in. If your still having severe anxiety talk to your Dr about another med.  Remar
Can I ask how many mg of paxil did you start with? I may just take half a pill again for a few weeks and see if it works. The 20 mg was just too much for my body I guess.
MinnesotaNate commented on Why You Might Have A ...
TinaR10, and melimeli commented on Moma_Cher's status
ditch6755 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...