Anxiety Community
does paxil work?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does paxil work?

Please if you have taken it give me your experience. I have had bad anxiety and panic attacks for about 2 months now. I have had a rx for paxil that I have not taken. I'm really debating whether to take it or not. I have read online bad and good reviews. The doc told me it would take a week or two to work and that I might feel more anxious at first. He told me that  can start with half a pill a day and see how I feel. Well when I first got the rx I took the half a pill for two days and didn't notice any difference. So the next day I decided to take the whole pill which is 20 mg. Oh boy was that not a good idea. I took it at night before bed so that if I did have effects I would be asleep. Well I woke up early the next morning with the worst anxiety every. I was so uncontrollably shaky. I literally had to take an ambien at 7 in the morning just to calm my nerves. I never took it again after that. So I think I took a total of 2 pills. I just really want my anxiety to go away. My doc gave me xanax for my panic attacks but I just wish that I didn't have this anxiety. Some days I am fine but then some days I am so bad that I cannot function. Then I think to myself "maybe I would feel better already if I would have just stuck to the paxil". Is it really going to make me feel better? Can I take the xanax with it if the paxil does make me feel worse in the beginning. Please help me.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
We all can respond to these meds differently. I did great on Paxil. It started working within a week. The first few days were kind of hard with dizziness and nausea but that went away. I would have stayed on Paxil but I gained a lot of weight. Before I was on this med I had a problem with not eating and after I stared taking it I was so relaxed all I wanted to do was eat. All I can recommend is giving Paxil a couple of weeks to kick in. If your still having severe anxiety talk to your Dr about another med.  Remar
Blank
Can I ask how many mg of paxil did you start with? I may just take half a pill again for a few weeks and see if it works. The 20 mg was just too much for my body I guess.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
MinnesotaNate commented on Why You Might Have A ...
3 hrs ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10, and melimeli commented on Moma_Cher's status
7 hrs ago
Blank
ditch6755 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
7 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank