Anxiety Community
dr upping my prozac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

dr upping my prozac

after being on 20 mgs of prozac since march 3 2010 my dr is upping it because i told him i am  doing more but i feel abit more sadness than before the prozac im also on xanax......i have to take the prozac at night because its zonks me out in the day if i take it in the morning..the dr found that odd....i also sweat alot on it....i guess thats a side effect im scared of going up higher but maybe it will do the trick i guess im scared because i feel down after staring it and afraid it will make me even downer on higher dose....any one have this happen before?
I'm also on 20 mgs of Prozac and have been for about a month. I take it in the morning and I haven't had any problems with it making me tired or making me sweat. Everyone reacts differently to meds though, so maybe you should talk to your doctor about the side effects and see if there is another med that might be better. I started on Zoloft but I was struggling with the side effects....I couldn't sleep and I always felt extremely jittery and nauseous. After switching to Prozac those symptoms went away for the most part, and I'm feeling much better now.

It usually takes about a month to 6 weeks before you really start feeling the benefits of antidepressants, but if you're experiencing side effects or are feeling worse then you were before taking Prozac I would definitely talk to your doctor and see if another med might suit you better. Good luck!
i wouldnt say im feeling worse im getting things done,but i do sweat maybe its cause im up doing things...as far as the sad feelings it coudl be  myanxiety and fear of meds..he is upping it to 40 mg..have u had any weight gain on the prozac/
I haven't had any weight gain, in fact I've noticed I don't have much of an appetite anymore. I don't know if that's from the meds or from the anxiety really. I also have the fear of my meds and I hate it. I realize it should help me, but at the same time it's so hard not to question everything about it like side effects or becoming addicted or suffering withdrawals if I do stop it......but I think that's just our minds being super overprotective because we don't want to suffer anymore trauma then we already have.

Let me know how you feel after they up your meds, I'm wondering if I need to up mine as well because I feel like I still have this underlying anxiety that just never, ever goes away.
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Paxiled commented on Important Factors Typ...