driving anxiety/highway
I posted a similar question a while back but im still having issues.. This is a long synopsis. 27 year old female.

dec 11 I had a spell of vertigo while driving. I am not sure what caused it but I hadn't eaten much that day and it was the first day of my period (and first period off of birth control) so it could have been low blood sugar, etc.

I had to pull over and have someone else drive. Then I ate some food and drove 30 minutes later and was fine. However, I was very anxious I would be dizzy again. I would have feelings of derealization/slight dizziness/ feeling like losing control while driving on the highway. It seemed to coincide with my menstrual cycle.  I went to my dr who told me she thought it was anxiety and put me on zoloft. She started me on 50mg and I had immediate side effects (I should have titrated up)... I was nauseated, couldn't sleep, shaking, extreme anxiety, etc. I was driving to therapy and had my first ever panic attack.  i stopped the zoloft and started back on birth control thinking that might help. It didn't and i had another 2 or 3 anxiety attacks.. and that was the start of my driving phobia. Well I went to therapy for about a year, did some cbt, emdr, it helped a little. I have made great improvments... I used to be really afraid of being anywhere but in the right lane. I have gotten to where I am okay being in the middle for short bits of time- I do avoid large highways where you have to merge from the left side and go across 3 or 4 lanes of traffic.  Some days are better than others but I still get pretty nervous on bridges or narrow areas where I feel trapped.

Another thing that is weird that bothers me is long stretches of highway w/o many cars. Its almost like the traffic makes it easier for me. If there is not a car in front of me, i don't know where to look with my eyes, and i just stare at the road, i get tunnel vision, i feel as if I am speeding out of control (even if im only going 65).  I am wondering if this is still all just anxiety or if its a problem with my eyes or balance or something? I also get kind of dizzy when i run.. but that's not anxiety inducing because i don't see any real danger there..

any suggestions?
I am going through this now but it's even with cars!! I feel like I am going too fast. If I look at a moving car it looks funny to me!