Anxiety Community
ectopic beats / anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ectopic beats / anxiety

i have just been recently told i have ectopic beats , i dont know what casued them but i did have a bad panic attack over new year that caused my fingers to close ,ever since then i have felt the beats , i have had two ecg done an blood test all came back normal , i am due the holter on the 6th march , what are the chances that they will find something wrong with my heart i also have been suffering with anxiety due to finding out i have ectopic beats i am worried there will be something wrong with me , i am 35 an the doctors said i was ok and that i wouldint need the holter but they are given me it for my peace of mind i sappose i just want to know if they find something even tho all the other test came back normal how likely are they to find anything wrong ?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
beth,
try to relax, you're young and the doctors are right. You'll see that once you get back your holter results you'll feel a lot better.
as my cardiologist has explained to me, ectopic beats are normal, particularly for a young woman.
you're fine, try not to obsess about this, i know it's easier said than done, but stay positive.
keep us posted.
Blank
159619_tn?1318997813
Just jumped over from the heart disease community and Alex is correct, ectopic beats are almost always normal. The only time they are a problem is in people with underlying heart disease. Women your age are very low risk for heart disease in addition if you did have some underlying condition you would also have other symptoms such as shortness of death, low exercise tolerance, chest pain and fatigue.

Your Holter will only show you what you already have been told, I'm sure you're fine. A normal EKG or multiple EKGs is very reassuring so try to relax, anxiety will only make it worse.

Let me know if I can help,

Jon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on How much arsenic is i...
2 hrs ago
Blank
Megani11 commented on Depression?
7 hrs ago
Blank
Megani11 commented on help!
7 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now