Anxiety Community
estrogen and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

estrogen and anxiety

Hi i was wondering if any of you with anxiety have been or is on hormones pills,i had a complete hystrectomy in 1995 and took hormones for years i stopped 8 years ago and thats when i seemed to get worse,im now trying the estrogen menest and hoping it will give me some energy or something,,woudl love to hear from others that have had this surgery and have anxiety also do any of u drink occasinally
Hi...I have not had a hystrectomy but I have to say I really think anxiety can be caused by a hormone imbalance in some people.  I am one of them as well as my aunt.  

I know exactly when I ovulate because that is when my anxiety increases.  I am going to speak to my gyno about this and have him run tests to check for hormonal imbalances.  This has been going on since my pregnancy with my twins in 07.  So I really think there is a link.

I would suggest you talk to your dr about it.  My mother had a hystrectomy but she was able to keep an ovary so I don't think she ever had to take hormones.  Good luck I hope you find the answers you are searching for....
mishymoshymarcy Don't wish to be the best, ... Comment
31 mins ago
Swollentoe commented on photo
DaisyMaya commented on A very inspiring colu...