Anxiety Community
excessive thirst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

excessive thirst

for one week i am having excessive thirst even after drinking more..water.i keep drinking water only everytime,otherwise i am getting high pulse rate.i had blood test for sudden bp and everything was normal even theglucose level.please help what may be the problem with me.doctor said cause of my sudden bp and high pulse rate was due to anxiety,but i dont know why i am getting excessive thirst recently for one week.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Excessive thirst is normally a sign of Diabetes, I would ask that the test be repeated.
Blank
did he check you for diabeties ?
Blank
Causes could be many:  Are you taking any medications?  Do you reside in the NE, where currently there is a heat wave, which could make you somewhat dehydrated.  Anxiety could also be the cause (ever heard the expression cotton mouth when anxious?)  If you get your sugar rechecked, make sure it is after a 12-hour fast (black coffee and water okay), and ask the physician to include a Hgb A1C.

In the interim, despite fluid intake, if your oral cavity is still dry, there are mouthwashes made specifically for people suffering from dry mouth. They contain enzymes similar to those in saliva.  

Hope this information helps.
Blank
You need to see an Endocrinologist to rule out problems with your endocrine system, which would include your liver.  
Blank
370181_tn?1408130715
Brenndy
Now mammo doesn't like that YOU have knowledge, so she has to show you up. I suppose one should feel sorry for her since it's obvious by her prodigious posting that she has no life outside of MH. But I've seen firsthand that her heart is mean and vindictive and have zero tolerance for her.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Anxiety/excessive-thirst/show/1284128

Linda
Blank
I respectfully disagree with your recommendations.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
The Dark Side of 'Healthy'...
22 mins ago by gymdandee
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572 "Patience is the calm accep... Comment
2 hrs ago