Anxiety Community
extreme weakness in legs and arms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

extreme weakness in legs and arms

Hello ,
For the last 6  months I was feeling very bad ... My mayor symptom was some dizziness spells like jerking sensation. I ve seen many doctors , had many test done ( even an MRI ) . Everything came back normal . So the doctors told me that it could be depression . I kept waiting to feel better without any medicine . (  since I ve a 6 months old baby and I am still breastfeeding I can not use medicines ) . But I ve never felt normal again.
10 days ago I ve started feeling weakness on my legs ( both ) . ( something I ve never experienced before ) . Since that they , I feel extreme weakness and tiredness in my legs and arms . It starts in the morning and lasts till I go to bed. I never wake rested . I feel very mild spasm and twitching on my muscles  . I feel better while seating or liying down . I feel like I am going to pass out .
I am really concerned about this weakness .
so here are my questions :
1 ) can this be a different side of anxiety  ?
2 ) Have you ever experienced some jerking sensation ? ( like someone behind you was pushing you forward ? )
I am now worrying about these . I am afraid of having something like ALS , or MS ...
Thank you very much.
Tags: weakness
  did you get your thyroid checked?  this weakness can be a sign of hypothyroidism. get it checked and let me know what you find out.
love Venora
I know exactly what you are going through. I have had all the tests and they were all normal too. I keep trying to remind  myself that its all anxiety, which as you know isn't that easy. I'm also scared to death of MS/ALS but the dr reassures me its not. This is a new symptom for me and of all the ones i have ever had this one is the worse for me. I hate the muscle weakness. and it hurts. i hope that knowing someone else has the same thing makes you feel a little better.
Thank you very much . It really helps to know that we are not alone.
I was just wondering if you ve had any dizziness the way I am describing it. (jerking and rocking sensation )
thanks again
I have the same thing. The more I think about it, the weaker my legs and arms seem to get. I heard that muscle stretching excercises as well as muscle calming excercises can help. I also get twicthes all over my body. I think the best help is to not think about it (I know, yeah right) which is very hard for me to do but it seems if I keep my mind occupied I dont notice it as much. I've been beside myself with worry these last few weeks that I have a neurological disease but sometimes I just have to sit back and think, did the weakness symptoms come before the anxiety (which I've had for about 6 months) or did the anxiety come before the weakness? Chances are it would be extremely rare to have catastrophic disease symptoms after the anxiety. At least thats what my doctor tells me. Sometimes it helps to think about that and sometimes I could care less and am convinced I have something. Hope this helps, I know I still have a long road to go before I dont have symptoms anymore. It helps that someone else has these symptoms though. Thank you for posting!
Once in a while i get this rocking sensation, just before i fall to sleep. it feels like the top half of my body is moving forward and backward, when in fact, i am not moving at all. does this sound like yours.
I have been having a lot of these exact symptoms lately. I have been having terrible anxiety for about a month now and It came straight from my grandmother and my dad. I have been having  extreme weakness in my arms and legs and the more i think about it the worse it gets. Its nearly impossible to get my mind off the weakness but when I do it really seems to go away. I am also fearing MS terribly. I have had CT scans blood work and other tests done. Tomorrow I am going to see a neurologist and hopefully everything comes back normal. I have also been having dizziness quite often. Its very hard to stay focused and its taking over my life.
Even I feel very weak in my legs and hands when I think more about it. It all seems like falling in an infinite loop. I also feel pumping of my heart. The whole situation results in panic attack. I always fear about terrible Neurological or heart disorders.
First I am a 21 year old male. who has been diagnosed with anxiety  by two doctors
ok for me it all started on july just with tiredness and constant headaches like for 2-3 weeks (I thought I had a stroke, brain tumors, cancer, and I thought i wouldnt make it more than a month from then). Then around september i was good. In October dizziness came 24/7 with diahrrea and stomach pain (I thought i had pancreatic cancer[most of the time], stomach cancer, esophagus cancer). by that time i had already visited the doctor about 3 times and gone to hospital emergency room and they all said anxiety. By the end of november I was more convinced that it really was anxiety and i was starting to get better...like the sun was shining on me again....that only lasted about a week then the dizziness came back(not as strong) and i also felt random pains all over my body (hands, arms, legs, feet) so I thought i had leukimia, lupus, fybromalgia, lyme disease. Also I started noticing petachie (red small dots around my body) and that my skin was really dry and sensitive. AND THEN (around december 15) I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE : I started reading about als...and suddenly i felt like my speech was slured and messed up....two days after i started gettting twitches on my leg....they spreaded all over my body....then i got pain on my leg and stiffness...and now...my left arm feels so week and has that spaghettim sensation, and I am in a constant state of doom, I am convinced I have als while my logical side says that it cant be. I do know I am a hypochondriac and that it could be it, but the physical symptoms are there like my leg and arm and the twitches. I also think that maybe God wants to kill me ( I know a horrible thing to think) and that makes me feel even more doomed.
Also I sometimes I think that maybe I could have gotten als because I thought of it so much. its like I need to make a reason to justify the illness.
When my anxiety started happening a few months back, I had weakness EVERYWHERE in my body, especially my legs and arms, infact I still do every so often, but not as much, it's usually when i'm walking somewhere where it starts kicking in. I always have a dizzy sensation, and I always feel like im going to faint, but I have been tolled by a doctor that it's 100% impossible if it's just anxiety. I don't know if that helps, but that's just something from my experience.
That happend to me and i could not get up off the floor.  I was taken to the er and told my electolyes were all out of wack and very low and also i was dehydrated.  It took two months to get my muslces back.
I generally feel weakness in my left hand before situation becomes worse and it spreads to whole of my body. My psychiatrist says it is anxiety. I also sometimes have a something rushing in my head which makes me run amok. But then if I engage myself in something else, it subsides for a while. Now for last few days I started seeing halos if I see lights at night. Summing all these symptoms I am feared to death. I use internet to search for all worse outcomes of these symptoms.
I forgot to mention about myself. I am 27 years old male.
Has anyone felt any difficulty in left hand. It is not weakness as I can lift things. If I do any physical exercise, such as, jogging, running or weight lifting, it aggravates.
I feel jelly legs and I feel like i have to stretch all the time  I tremble sometimes I take 20 mill grams of Lexapro and I wonder if that is giving me these types of side affects.
hi there,

I also have huge problems with weakness all over my body.but mine seems very real to me because all my muscles jitter and shake with nearly every movement.normal every day movements seem so hard even just holding a certain position with my limbs or body seems to require unusual effort.and when I bent my knees to a deeper position it just feels like they are getting weaker with every moment and after a short amount of time they start shaking.all that even effects my balance and coordination.that´s really horrible.To be honest with these issues I can´t get my thoughts away from als because I really cant imagine that this can be anxiety.

what about you guys? has anyone experienced a similar weakness,or is it just that you just feel weak with no kind of shaking or anything like that?! I know this sounds bad but it would really ease my mind a bit if some of you experienced something similar.but just be honest.I´ll be thankful anyway

best wishes

Patrick
I know exactly what you´re talking about.

my problems started in april this year with hear issues and a general ill feeling.And from May on the weakness issues started out of nowhere and it seemed like my whole body got really weak within a few weeks.Before any test was done I was already convinced that I was doomed and would certainly die.and that feeling has not left me since the day it first appeared.could be anxiety but I dont even feel that anxious.I´m just frustrated and depressed.I feel like I have messed up my life and now that´s the consequence...that may be stupid thinking but with all these bad symptoms it´s really hard to think otherwise...
I have had weakness of the arm and legs of late since i was told by a doctor that i had anxienty since last year November.

You might have different feelings during a panic attack depending on the individual.The truth of the matter is that i had all this symptoms during this period of my suffering.I am now beginnig to be use to it, since it has dawn on me that i will not die of this feelings.The more you know this fact the better for your health.
Hello there!
reading your posts guys made a question pop-up in my mind... whta is anxiety really?
as for what I know anxiety is to be anxious all the time or fear something then you start having physical symptoms but what has happened to me a year ago and what I read now is just confusing because people are getting symptoms of anxiety without being (before these symptoms) anxious and fearing everything!

After I had my baby (27 months ago) I started to feel sometimes like light head or about fainting or so.. I never care about it and said to myself it's just hormones since I just pushed a baby and am breastfeeding!

later, after one year I started to get my menstrual period and felt more often nervous and irritable, then started to get (2 days before my period) kind of PMS, irritability, fatigye, HANDS AND LEGS WEAKNESS (awful!) also nausea and couldn't eat..

by the time I stoped eating for one week or more then back to normal..this on and off sounds too much hormonal issue right? but doctors did all tests and could find any answer then stress and anxiety!

the problem that I never felt fear or anxious from normal stuff..and the question am asking now HOW CAN WE GET THE ANXIETY SYPTOMS (symptoms) (postpartum in my case) WITHOUT BEING PLUGGED BY ANXIOUS FEELING AT FIRST!

This tells me it's something going into our boby ..not just in YOUR HEAD!

ACHILLES... the main symptoms of anxiety is trembling and shaking, but people might get it less then others..and medications makes it worst!

I was treated by Homeopath/ naturopath doctor and took long (5 months) but thanks God am feeling back to me now ..I just have to deal with PMS .. some nevrousness and fatigue before and at the end of my period! this is life!
These symptoms could be lyme disease and should be checked out immediately. I was just recently rediagnosed with lyme disease to find out all the symptoms of twitching of muscles to lost weight to weakness in legs and arms and decrease of muscle mass has been due to chronic lyme disease that's changed my whole physical appearance from a healthy heavy framed tall man to a lanky weak man. Man or woman this disease is serious and is time tested so please go get a western blot test for lyme to be safe than sorry. It sounds too familiar
you might be right,

at the moment I´m also thinking about lyme disease again because my symptoms have worsened.I know have muscle weakness,muscle twitching,balance and coordination issues as well as bone and joint pain which makes even walking hurtfull...

wondering if this could be lyme...
Well most of the time you will get a rash after the tick bite and you must consider where you live too. Northern hemisphere temperate regions are most endemic for Lyme disease. Lyme disease is common in North America and Europe ( central Europe ). If you live in a city far away from nature and didn't go into nature prior the symptoms it is very unlikely it is Lyme disease.

The tick have to bite another animal host like a deer then it becomes infected and it infects the human after a successful bite.

Anyway i strongly recommend the ELISA and Western Blot tests to rule out Lyme disease and also Igenex ( a lab specialized in testing Lyme ) is the best choice to get tested since the tests are way deeper than the regular ELISA and Western Blot confirmation test and you can be sure of the results since erroneous tests results are common.

Best regards,
M4

it all started with weaknes in my arm an leg on the rite,now the weaknes is moving to the left side av had mri scan bu nothink az *** bk its scary thinken of all the things it cud b
You have a 6 month old baby and this condition started 6 months ago, it sounds very much like you are suffering from the effects of Post-natal depression. I think the doctor made the correct diagnosis, maybe medication would be the next avenue.
the weakness in my legs are geting worse am getin the feeling that sumtinks eritating under my skin a cant keep still especialy at nite my hands stiffin up and are also very weak av had this for two weeks now.also sumtimes get burning feeling all over my body a realy just want to no whats wrong we me

Also searching for a cause of my symptoms... weakness in legs and arms, cold extremities, unable to concentrate, speech problems (trouble finding words, mixing words up), memory (sometimes forgetting the first part of a sentence when speaking when I'm busy saying it..), etc.

Have had anxiety / panic problems (situational phobia) for many years

Just had some extensive blood work done, but nothing came out, except for that I've got an innocent liver syndrome called the Syndrom (syndrome) of Gilbert. Might cause some fatigue and/or jaundice, but that's it basically..

Now searching again since I just had a slice of bread and half an hour I felt sooooo sleepy.. was out for 2 hours.

Investigating currently:

- (reactive) hypoglycemia
- Vitamin B12 deficiency     <--- this one is a really one that slowly creeps up.  
That is the exact same thing that i wonder about. you see my anxiety didnt start until one day i was sitting in class and suddenly felt that i was going to pass out. my symptoms weren't much worse than that. but it was when i had this pass out feeling that i got the other symptoms for anxiety. I was so terrified that i was going to pass out. i started getting these outrageous thoughts like i was never going to see my mother again or that i didnt even get to finish highschool. It was the most terrifying moment of my life and i am only 17. I wasnt till after this first incident that all the other anxiety symptoms started catching up with me. my heart was beating fast i couldnt breath my chest was hurting. and while this was happening i was so upset because there were other kids in the nurses office witnessing me having this so called panick attack. i was just a complete mess. later that week i developed a tingling  numbness in the back of my head. before or after the panic attack i cant remember. this feeling caused me to go to the ER AND thats where they told me i have anxiety. since then it seems my symptoms have gotten worse. i now get the weak arms and legs and a burning/tingling sensation in my thighs from time to time. but since i was told that this is just another symptom of anxiety i dont panic. so right now im feeling this very same sensation in my legs and at the same time i can calmy type this response to you. it would help if somebody could tell me that these are not symptoms of a life threatening illness?
For the past month my legs and arms and body feel weak, like jelly.  This is causing me to have great anxiety for fear that I have some dreaded  muscular illness.  I power walk 3 miles , at least 4 times a week and don't feel the weakness when I walk.  I still, however, have strength in my arms and legs (can still pick up weights of 5 lbs and do squats.  But this feeling is making me crazy with worry and I just am tired and want to lay down.  I do have a long history of panic attacks and my doctor put me on a very low dose of Xanax, which I have taken since December.  Sometimes I don't take any Xanax or I may only take 1/4 of a pill.  Depression is now setting in and I'm trying so hard to fight it.  This feeling of weakness is making me sick with worry.  My last checkup with blood work was OK.  Does anyone else feel this way?
Do you also have trouble breathing and stomach problems. I have been to the doctor so many times..its so scary. Do you ever feel any numbness in your upper back or a tingly sensation, or like your legs are just gonna collapse? Ever feel like you are drunk and struggle to walk like you are walking in a slant?
I sometimes have stomach problems.  Been checked by a gastroenterologist. Had an endoscopy and thankfully all was ok.  no tingling sensations.  this constant feeling of weakness now which has been around for about 3-4 weeks is making me sick with worry, panic and fear that something terrible is wrong with me.  Am thinking about seeing a neurologist.  
I have all the same symptoms. Weakness, shaking, dizziness, disorientation, loss of sensation, loss of proprioception, and loss of coordination and balance. I also experience brain fog, random aches and pains, inability to concentrate, and occasional difficulty breathing. What scares me the most is how much I must concentrate in order to move. To simply touch my hand to my face is very disorienting and feels "off." Even typing has become difficult.

I have been slapped in the face with anxiety as well. I am very, very unhappy with this and cannot find any help. I wish the best of luck to all of you.
I have experienced weakness in legs and arms for a while now and have been getting acupuncture and using Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda to help this. It is getting much better and will soon go away completely with the help of Eastern medicine. Western medicine doesn't work for everyone and Chinese medicine can cure and treat symptoms that Western medicine cannot. Good luck!
well it really seems to me the internet can really screw up a persons mind......Since 2008 i have been suffering the same symptoms (dizziness, weakness in arms and legs, tingling sensations, cold feet and hands, difficulty in doing things, feels like am puttin in a huge effort even to type n so on) i did blood tests, A CT scan, an MRI, n everything came back normal. i had a baby this MAY and my symptoms returned and i started checking out the symptoms online and am scared to death about it being some kinda neurological disorder. i went to a neurologist recently and also got an EEG done. he said that im depressed n thats the cause of my weakness.

but its so weird tht i cant seem to find the root cause of my depression. im finding it so difficult to cope up with these symptoms it really leaves me upset. i cant understand how these sypmtoms could have risen from depression when its these symptoms thats leading me to it.
im am a 51 year old man, and have suffered from anxiety for years.but this was the first time i have ever felt a weakness just on my left side. and then I started getting bluriness on my left eye.it felt like I was on novicane.I finally went to the hospital, didnt know if I was having a stroke or what. did ct and blood test and everything was fine, so weird things can happen to you when u r stressed,or dont even know u r stressed. just knowing I was alright made me feel better. IVe been doing some st. johns wort, and it has helped me. it may help u, u have to give time like any other drug, but its all natural. hope this helps
I am a 46 year old female. Have read all of your posts and well, I have been dealing with these symptoms since I was 19 years old. They vary at times with my stress levels. At first I too thought I was dieing from some horrible disease. Had every test done under the sun and they all came back negative. Anxiety is what I was told I had. Also low blood sugar and several allergies to different foods like oranges and bananas. I was told to eat small meals every 2 hours for the blood sugar. So for years I've had the weakness in the arms and legs and at times debilitating anxiety. Difficulty breathing, immence fear I was going to die and so many strange symptoms and sensations I can not begin to list them. Some times its so bad I can not function, some times I'm somewhat normal. It has been hard to deal with but for the most part if something like the "jello legs" happens I tell myself its just anxiety and I try to ignore it. Cant tell you all how many books and articles I have read on anxiety over the years. Anxiety stinks, it truly does. You just learn to live with it and hopefully your friends and family do not judge you and are empathetic to your situation if it is debilitating. I lost a lot of my friends over the years, who wants to make plans with someone who doesn't know if they will be able to go cause of panic and anxiety. Hopefully for some its a short lived thing, for me it has been a life long struggle of medications, counselors and so on. I gave up on that stuff several years back as the side effects from the pills were worse at times. I take one pill now that seems to help but I still have my times like now. Im starting a new job so my stress is up and hence the symptoms reappear. But they go away once things settle down. Hope all this helps or atleast all the other people out there like me don't feel so alone like I have over the years.
I've been feeling very week myself. Sometimes my legs feel so weak its hard to walk downstairs. I HATE internet symptom checkers. I was convinced this past week that I was having gallbladder issues because of a small cramp under my ribs. Even though a gallbladder attack would cause severe debilitating pain I still was convinced that's what it was. And funny enough in the symptoms list anxiety disorder and panic attacks came up. The worst thing to do when you have anxiety is to check your symptoms online because anxiety will automatically pick the worst diagnosis and convince you that you have it.
I too have had all these symptoms, and my question is: How do you Stop the pain?
I should have written YOUR post?  My only fear is that the answer we will get is "pills."  What I need to know is  How do I get to the bottom of what is CAUSING THIS?

I hope I don't miss any answers because I desperately need to hear SOMETHING!
You mentioned you were breastfeeding...I think it could be postpartum depression.  You can read more about it here.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postpartum_depression

I think I may be suffering from general depression, and I have pains in my legs, and have been very lethargic as well...
To all you anxiety sufferers...we are in this together. I have suffered from on/off anxiety for many years. Until recently it seemed to go away pretty quick. I am 44 year old female, very active and fit. Anxiety doesn't discriminate, it can make life miserable for anyone. I like many of you have had frightening symtons, we then worry alot. I have been experiencing severe bilateral leg weakness and arm weakness for a couple weeks now. Gets really bad when I try to do anything that requires even a little exercise. I get so weak that my legs feel like i am goin to collapse and then I feel weak all over. This does not have to happen just isolated to an anxiety attack, it seems that this is the aftermath symtoms (symptoms) that stick with us throughout the day for many days until our anxiety calms down. Anybody feeling the same with the legs, any burning sensations behind the neck and arms?
I have the feeling of weakness in both legs and arms.  Legs seem to be worse.  I keep saying, "I hope there isn't a fire because I will just have to sit here and burn up!  I am not sure my legs will hold me to walk,  much less run!"

I am fresh off a prednisone taper as well, and I am trying to convince myself that some of this is side effects.  

Does anyone have any magic for dealing with this anxiety?  What works?     Is everyone on some medication?  If so, what?  

I am needing some input!
Thanks to ALL of you!
What would you feel like if you tried to go out and do a fast paced walk when your legs are so weak and shaky? If I did that right now it would cause not only my legs but my whole body feeling like I would die with severe weakness. I can not do anything until my anxiety calms down and I get my strength back. When the weakness happens I can feel it in my chest too and then I feel like I can not move one more step, then the panic sets in that something really bad is going on. Everyone seems to think MS when it gets this bad, any similiar symtoms (symptoms)???
If I get out and try to do something or go somewhere that I have to walk, I am able to walk.  When a doctor does the typical nerve testing where they ask you to push or pull against their counterpressure, I do okay.  Hence they always says my neurological testing is normal.  I am not sure how they can say that because for all they know that might only be 1/2 or 1/4 of my previous 'strength."      

I am having nerve tingling, pins and needles sensation, myclonic jerks as well as fasciculations, and my head has this odd pressure and sensation in it causing me to feel disconnected or lightheaded and fuzzy.   I do have nerve damage in the left thoracic spine confirmed by Mayo Clinic.

I know the anxiety issues have come about because of this 4 year journey of trying to find out what is going on.   I figure there is some underlying autoimmune nerve disease or MS.    I am almost praying that it is one of those...   so at least we will have SOMETHING to treat.

Until then, I just live with the fear.  

i to am suffering with the dreaded anxiety it is so frustrating'i get constant leg eweakness and fatigue all over pain lack of energy you name it i guarantee that i have had the same,but what we have to tell ourselves is that it will get better and that one day there will be a light at the end of the tunnel,i agree that the internet is a wrong thing in that we tend to feed our anxiety byu looking up the symptoms and before we no it we are doomed and in a viciouse circle,take a look at the no more panic website and have a real good read then post back and tell me what you think...we can get there.
I came here today at my wits end with leg weakness that seems to have spread to my whole body.  I was sure I had some debilitating disease that would have me in a wheel chair or the morgue within weeks.  My legs feel like I've climbed 5 flights of stairs when I've done nothing of the kind.  I've had bouts of it before, but this time is the worst ever.  I've suffered with anxiety and panic for 27 years (I'm a 52-year old female) and its hard to imagine that an old anxiety veteran like me would still be fooled by it.  I'm feeling less like I'm dying and more like I'm suffering the symptoms of extreme anxiety after reading all your posts.  Surely we can't all have ALS or MS or any of the other catastrophic diseases we imagine, right?  I had nerve and muscle testing done last year and it was fine.  Its cold and snowy out and that always raises my anxiety, so perhaps that's all it is.  I've never seen this site before but it looks quite helpful.  Thanks for all the posts and I wish us all peace and calm and normalcy.
Hi jbyrd.

I tell myself all the time  -  "surely we can't all have ALS or MS"   -  because of this stupid internet.   I have finally gotten to the point where I quit looking at it.   I tell my husband how I am feeling and I let HIM search.  I tell him not to tell me any horror stories or bad stuff, to only tell me the positive things or things that FIT me and can help me.    What is it with us middle age women that we have become so anxious?

I just was seen by another neuromuscular doctor.  This guy is supposed to be THE EXPERT in this part of the county.   He has ordered ANOTHER EMG because the two that I have had are not normal.   I am getting tired of all these tests with no answers.   Never-the-less, I am hoping for some help.      He did put me on a very low dose of klonopin and it has TREMENDOUSLY helped the twitches and jerks in my legs.   WOW!  

Keep me posted on how you are doing.
get checked for graves desease
46 year old male with the same symptoms as everyone I have been reading I have had ALL these test done and my heart is perfect not having seizures, they did find cervical dystonia in my neck which is being treated with botox and its helping and just when i thought that might be whats wrong I go and have another episode of weakness in my legs and feeling as though Im gonna faint and now they are gonna set me up for a nerve and muscle test which will probably show NOTHING which Im glad but WHAT is it and if it is anxiety then why is is it so hard for the PROFESSIONALS to diagnose it. I need Help NOW before I loose my job over this. What meds treat this can anyone give me some insite as what to ask my doctor for.
Hello friends, There are so many problems related with nerves, muscles,malnutrition or anxiety.There are a lot of books written on these matters.And the topper Dr. of this field get confused with the symptoms.Also there is no cure for all the diseases.These problems where well treated by yoga and meditations.Search about these.Also have a deep faith on GOD.Observe the way "Muslims " prey to their GOD.All the three things are there.These problems attack those who thinking on a matter deeply. Don't think deeply on any matter, Be tension free although you have so many tensions,Leave it on fortune.Every persons should obtained what was written in its fortune,We all together not take even a small pinch of his of her sorrow.It should be tolerate by that individual only.So this is also true for our self.And GOD do not give that amount of pains which we can not tolerate.On this belief you should live a happy and healthy life.Have a good future. Feel free to mail on mzar_sidd***@****
I have had the weakness, the shortness of breath, the heart pumping, and constant headaches. about a month ago i went from envied social butterfly to a title given to me by a doctor: anxiety and panic disorder. i have some days that are good and some that are bad but a few things help me on the bad days. one is i have recently turned to god, i never feel alone when i remember he is always there. two is i also have been through numerous ers, and feared everything from hiv to heart attack to stroke to lupus and etc so when i think im dying from something horrible i remember, I HAVE ANXIETY AND PANIC DISORDER, and we are the types to have big powerful imaginations that let us imagine then mimic illnesses, so when i feel like im dying i imagine i feel better then go out and do something i enjoy. always remember no doctor can completly cure us we have to help ourselves its the hardest thing but at the end of the day websites like this and people like yall let us know we are not alone in this battle of nerves.
Hi guys
A month ago i went to a drinking party, i was drinking all possible things (Vodka, Whisky, Red Wine) however i was not drunk, just so dizzy, a month passed so far and everyday i wake up with the same feelings which stay with me through the day (Dizziness, Light headed, Weak Legs, Migraine...), i have done all possible tests and they came fine, i asked my Doctor for MRI and i will do it however he thinks that it will not show anything, could the Alcohol cause a Brain damage in one night?? i am so dizzy that i am unable to go to work, i never had Anxiety and i don't believe i have it, well, i don't fear Anxiety but i fear puzzles which seem to have no answer, i am under stress because of my unexplained sickness and this stress is even makes my condition worse everyday, i am afraid that the Alcohol might have affected my Brain forever specially that i got this immediately after drinking, does anyone have a same experience??...Thanks
I too have weakness in my arms & legs & they feel half asleep, he back of my neck hurts and I have ahead hurts all he time....been to my heart doctor, my regular doctor and a neurologist nobody knows anything....I was thinking I had a pinched nerve in my spine,  don't know about that and again nobody knows.....I'm 69 years old & not ready to give up.......
I have all of your symptons and have a couple of radiologist and a host of other doctors (heart d, my heart surgeon  & several GP's with not much results....my golfing buddy a radiologist told me to send the result of the MRI I'm having Thursday, my head & upper back to  neuroradiologist.  If I find out anthing I will let everybody know, if I don't I'll tell my wife to loan my pistol to any of you that want it, that is after I use it.....just joking, I think!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello, I just read your post and I seem to have all the same symptoms and just wondered what the dr said?
I have all of those symptoms, my doctor told me that was myasthenia gravis but I think even him is not sure at all. I don't think is an Anxiety problem I always was a happy person with no problems, but this appeared suddenly. I learned to live with it, faith in God helped me a lot to be happy even suffering this weird problem but it would be good at least to know what it is and why it happens.
hiya im jan and i also suffer with all these symptoms i dont think i have ever been so scared of anything like this in my life i go dizzy aching in my neck head like a achy feeling in my back trembling shaky and more the doctor said that its anxiety and that in peri menopause if theres anyone else that has been told this plz plz plz get back to me im just a wreck thanku x
Hi! I have had muscle weakness for about a year with tremors that no one else can see. It is all over. Head, torso, legs and arms. It is episodic and gets worse the more activity that I do. I am scared to. Lost a lot of weight and my muscles are so puny. I use to be a buff girl. Anyway, worrying about it doesnt help. Think about it, Where has worrying really gotten you? I am beginning to look at it like this,,,if it is going to be there either why not think a little better thoughts. I am not talking about rainbows and butterflies but just a better thought than ALS/MS. How about a thought like " I dont know why this is happening and I dont know how things will come together to make it better but I trust that it will." That is so much more relieving!!! Everytime and I mean everytime you go back to the really negative thoughts just think a thought above it. It may not be the most positive you can think of but at least it FEELS better than than the other. It;s called the Law of attraction. You get what you think about whether you want it or not. I have had many good days from this type of thinking and I have bad days when I do not do it.  I really feel that most of this is a product of continuous negative thoughts that have manifested into our bodies as things that we can feel and see but the docs cant. Anxiety, probably...negative thinking...most definitely.
Hey! I get that too. I have been in denial of anxiety for so long that When I was in nursing school I didnt realize the toll it tool on me toward the end. I became quite ill. Then the tremors came. They have not left and it has been over a year. I am a firm believer in the law of attraction and that you get what you think about whether you want it or not. Thoughts have energy and you cannot destroy them once you have created them. I am not saying that because someone thinks of a monster that a monster will suddenly manifest but what i am saying is that if everyone is honest on this blog about their thoughts they would all say that they spend a lot of time on the dark side. Yes,,all  the aggravating and scary places can send us there so it feels justified but again,,,if we were honest we were brewing this S*it as kids. Pills will work if you think they will and wont if you think they wont. I have been applying positive thinking to my life and it has helped me tremendously. Just try it. Pick up a book or DVD about the Law of attraction. Proof is in the pudding. What can it hurt?? Really? This post was meant for all so I hope no one thinks I am singeling them out. Just making a comment.  :) have fun and shake all day doing it!
I have had this on and off for years.  I just searched again and found this forum.  It's more of a way I just need to remind myself that it's just the anxiety and not to get into my car and race to the emergency room with my stroke/heart attack - again.  If you are reading this and you know like I do that every test is fine try to relax.  Read more anecdotal evidence that you are not alone and try to get through it.  Don't let it own you.  
Hi guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I think many of you may suffer from Adrenal fatigue. Doctors don`t know about this condition. Do you also have trouble sleeping? A very common symptom of Adrenal fatigue is low blood pressure and hence the dizziness, especially when standing up from a horizontal position. You can measure this with a blood pressure machine. First test the pressure while lying down and then again immediately after standing up. If the pressure drops upon standing, this is a real evidence of Adrenal Fatigue.

Stress is often the main cause and its the first thing you would have to get under control to get better. Stress can be anything from a stressful outer environment to an inner stressful environment (like to many toxins, alcohol, bad diet, chronic bacterial infection or parasite infection etc).

When the adrenals are shot, the body have troubles retaining sodium and magnesium, hence the muscle weakness and dizziness. The adrenals are responsible for the cortisol production when we stress and if they`re shot, then they don`t make enough cortisol. This is why you may experience anxiety.

It`s important to listen to the body and relax when ever possible. You can also take natural vitamin C (AmlaBerry) in large doses because this is one of the main nutrient for the Adrenals. DON'T USE SYNTHETIC VITAMIN C!!! Pantethine is also an important nutrient for this condition. Also, I`ve used large doses of Rice Bran (from Pure Planet) because this is a natural source of B-vitamins, Co Q10 and vit. e, which also is very important nutrients for the adrenals. Take large doses, but START SLOW and build up. This is because when the adrenals are shot,  then they have troubles processing to much stimulants.

Its also very important to stop eating and drinking things with caffeine and other stimulants (coffee, chocolate, alcohol, sugar, etc). This is because when the adrenals are tired, It`s important to let them relax and don't stimulate them. This is very important.

It takes time to heal the adrenals and it`s really important to start eating a healthy whole foods diet. Regular meals is also important.
That is exactly what happened to me.  I went to a party and probably drank way more than I should have and ended up with this stuff.  Feel like I'm week from not eating or something and get light headed, then when I lay in bed I get these tremors that at one time I thought it was my heart just to find out it's not.  It is just a weard feeling.  It doesn't hurt or anything.  However I have had a couple of unexplained headachs.
Hi there, these symptoms are all me! The dizziness especially and leg/muscle weakness. In know for sure that my diagnosis is Lymes disease,. however it took many doctors and three years to get diagnosed , and I even had a bullseye rash, however many lyme patients never get any rash. I had two pages of debilitating symptoms, many of which are gone, due to some alternative treatments. I went from being bed ridden to running 10 miles again and teaching aerobics classes three times a day. I did do antibiotics in the beginning but decided to switch to herbs like samento, adrenal cortex (for adrenal fatigue), colloidal silver, olive leaf, etc....ALSO I have done IV vitamin C, IV hydrogen pyroxide from a great alternative doctor in Pocatello, ID who specializes in lymes disease. I was great for two years and my symptoms diminished to only two symptoms, exercise also has helped quite a bit. However I am going back to the clinic because i tore my meniscus in both knees and the dang Lyme bacteria will always travel to injured areas (thus the bacteria is still in my system), my legs are weak like they used to be. The wonderful thing is is that I KNOW why they are weak and how to help my legs get better! I have seen them heal and I will see them heal again!  Lyme disease is a horrible disease and if you are having symptoms that doctors cannot figure out and you have been cleared of other diseases (I had an mri of my brain and it was fine even though i have 24 hour dizziness).....then I strongly urge you to seek out a clinic that knows Lymes disease or find a Lyme Literate doctor. The West Clinic in Pocatello, Idaho is attacking this disease head on.
I have the same thing, only it's become much worse.  I used to use a cane just for bad days.  Now it's every time I stand.  I'm going to see my doctor about a wheelchair today.  I've been diagnosed with anxiety, bi-polar, borderline, dissociative idenitity disorder, schizo affect disorder, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, Epstein barr, arthritis, sciatica, degenerative disc disease...blah...blah...blah...and have tried a number of medications.  I now know my condition to be late stage Lyme Disease.  I'm not saying you all do, but it is worth checking out.  There are more than one strain of the bateria so you need all of the tests.  Just..I don't want some of you making the same mistake I did and then wake up at 36 and realize your life is gone as you knew it.  

I just went to ER three days ago because I suddenly dropped.  I wasn't completely unconcious but I could not move or speak.  It was as if a weight was on my whole body and the feeling and strength was completely sucked out.  Now, I can't walk without assistance.  Get checked.  Avoid ticks at all costs.  
, hi , ive sufferd anxiety for years in fact probably around 30, ive questioned every symptom , but no matter how hard you try to justify in your own mind its somehing else the likelyhood is it is just anxiety , all the symtoms (symptoms) youve ever suffered from anxiety you will find the same as other sufferes, what does that say , symptoms  like brethlessness, dizziness, weakness, disorientation, sweaty palms , panic , ,,, these are not recognised symtoms (symptoms) for anything else other than anxiety,, although im no doctor ,,, if you suffer these symtoms (symptoms) especially most of them its anxiety , i play tabletennis , i swim i can do 3reps of 10 pull ups followed by the same reps doing dips , then go on a bike for so long and then go for swim , youd think i was an athlete but when the symptoms of anxiety are present , i cant see myself to doing any of those activities, althogh if i push myself realy hard and try to do some activity i find i realy can do them , my advice to an axiety sufferer is to do what you enjoy doing and dont let the symtoms (symptoms) break you down , chances are you are not going to passout , and not die or panic as a result of your efforts,    
Hey I know what some of you going threw. At first, I would have moments where I had shortness of breath or felt like I didn't no how to breath and force myself to take a breath (mostly happened at night) I was extremely fatigued all the time because I  never got to sleep. Then a couple weeks after that started happening I started noticing twitching and jerking all over my body. Well this made me really concerned so I typed in all my symptoms in and googled them and there popped up ALS. I read the article and got so freaked out. I made an appointment with my doctor and I explained what had happened over the past year and everything that was going on. She did all the blood work and everything came back normal. She said that I have anxiety and a panic disorder and proscribed me two different medications. I have been on these prescripts for about two months now and things do seem a little better. I still have my bad days, and think to myself that is it more then just anxiety? And go back to the whole ALS thing and thinking about that still scares me to death. But I sit back and try and convince and tell myself that the chances of me having that are really rear because I'm really young, ect. (believe me it is hard to do)  Recently I have been experiencing body shakes and weakness. You have to take it a day at a time. Hope you feel better and nothing seriously wrong =)    
This is a really old thread.  It's much better if you start your own, new thread.  The older ones tend to get passed over.
hi am going through asimilar situation i can nor stand neither hold a pen in my hand.which exercise did you do to get back to normal.Mohammed
You need to get an x-ray of the hand,   I just had the same thing happen to me and they say I have kienback disease look it up My lunase bone is dead in my hand I have no strength in it  It hurts so bad.
i have been having similar issues and i don't think there is necessarily a mental cause for postpartum depression i think it is hormones being out of whack and a sensitivity to it. Mine is not depression but more of an anxiety. My physical symptoms have been crazy. first this weird pressure headache. a strange falling sensation. then i finally got the never to take celexa that was prescribed to me, big mistake for me, my heart was racing, skipping, thudding, i felt electric shock sensations, was puking and couldn't sleep for three days in a row. i quit taking it and slowly started feeling a little better. still have weird symptoms like chest pain, headaches, muscles feeling sore and weak. feeling like tight bands around skin in different patches, and the most recent disturbing symptom was a burning sensation in both arms that felt like a sunburn being slapped. that lasted for two days and my arms have been so tired and sore ever sense. i'm not always convinced it's an anxiety disorder, and i have a appointment in may to discuss my various symptoms but i've looked on anxiety forums and lots of people have experienced similar symptoms so maybe it is
Yes , all this could by Lyme ... but know that the Western Blot test is not very accurate!  Many people's cases are missed ... you must fine a Lyme literate doc (often they are naturopaths) and have the IGenex test, plus tests for co-infections.  Watch "Under Our Skin" on Netflix or Hulu - very important info about Lyme and people's stories, and the link between Lyme and MS, Lou Gherigs, Parkinsons.
Hi Serina,

I realise this post is 3 years old now, but I came across it during one of many internet searches, as I am experiencing the same. Was wondering how you are getting on now and any advice on managing anxiety?  
I too have the same problem.it all started after a heavy drinking house party.the next day I woke up with this dizziness an headache.I thought it was jus hangover bt I never got better.
Brother, if I didn't know better, I would swear I wrote this.  It is always nice and reassuring to see that there is someone else who goes through the exact same things I do.  So far in the last 4 weeks I have had severe muscle crawling and weekness all over body,  ringing in the ears, headaches, diarrhea, nausea extreme fatigue.  I've been to 3 different doctors including the emergency room 3 times in the last 10 days. ( I try not to go to the same one each time so they don't think I'm crazy lol)  I've been tested and tested and they cannot find anything wrong, and trust me I've been on the internet diagnosing myself multiple hours a day, because the doctors don't know what they are talking about right?  They are not looking deep enough or not caring to look or incompetent.  I have to have answers and have to have them now cause my own mind will drive me to insanity otherwise.    
     My problem is that I do not feel anxious or anxiety.  I just have physical symptoms without cause.  It seems that once I'm convinced that my new symptom must be caused by anxiety it goes away.  But then in a short amount of time a new symptom manifests itself.  They are as real as real gets but no explanation?  so must be anxiety.  
I am exactly you wow. Going through the exact same thing. For the last 10 years, I have diagnosed myself with everything imaginable. Recently had a uti which triggered my high anxiety and panic disorder, had two nervous break downs because of it in the last week. Past 3 weeks googling my symptoms. Uti is gone they said but feel shaky weak, I think I have cancer. I have the same symptoms. A few years ago I believed I has HIV even though it couldn't be possible but read symptoms and I started getting them. Now I can't breathe I shake always cold can't breathe so I feel I have leukemia or lung cancer. Have gone crazy. I feel I may also have MS started a couple weeks ago, weakness shaking, twitching. No energy, hopeless, crying daily. Sweating. You name it. :(
Frankieimarks1 added the Anxiety/Panic Tracker
42 mins ago
45 mins ago
Epherdream commented on ~19 hours now without...