Anxiety Community
fear of eternity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

fear of eternity

I am not sure where this idea came from, and why it consumes me so much and others fail to obsess over it like I do but I am terrified of eternity after death.  I am not afraid of dying, but of eternity afterwards.  Do we remain aware of things?  This notion, even the idea of being in a happy place like heaven forever, terrifies me.  Anything, no matter how good, that continues without end, is my worst fear, and thinking about it literally forms knots in my stomach and intense fear.  I know that the answer to this can not be proven, and most would find relief in the idea of eternity, but it is my worst fear.  Does anyone else share this fear?  What can I do?  
I can totally understand what your saying. Before I had anxiety I never thought about these kinds of things.
Your not alone. A Lot of us have all kinds of different fears. Take care. Remar
i do. i've thought about it many times.
wow.. i am so happy i found this post. I've dealt with this obsession my entire life. i remember thinking about it when i was a kid and it would absolutely boggle my mind especially at night. since ive been in college, my obsessions and anxiety and depression in general have become exponentially worse. i searched in google "eternity anxiety" because i have been thinking about it so much lately that i needed to find help. this thought makes me feel so pointless and that life doesnt matter. not in a negative way but that we just exist and have no purpose. i was raised catholic however ive been questioning my beliefs lately and i know exactly what you mean when you say that heaven cant be good enough to satisfy my fear of eternity. the way i cope with it is thinking that i cant remember before my existence what i was like because i wasnt alive and conscious. also, if there is a God, he will take care of us. i dont know.. i hope this helps
I don't have that fear, but I do know fear.  I have a phobia of ... well I can't even type it!  It makes me too scared.  Fear is not a fun place to live.  Obsessive thoughts, which I also suffer from, are horrendous because you have no control over them.  It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't have obsessive thoughts that you cannot control them.  You cannot stop them, but you sure can start em.  And how can you escape from your own thoughts?  If I figure that out I'll let you know!  Hang in there.  Video games or algebra are good distractions for me...  Maybe that could at least give you a respite.  Jen
I have had this fear since I was a teen. I just turned 49 and the older I get the more I seem to think about it. The smallest things can trigger it and I can sometimes just brush it off but I have actually found myself screaming in my car and banging on the steering wheel. I know there is not anything I can do about the actual issue, but I wish I could find a healthy and constructive way to deal with it. I can't spend the rest of my life thinking about dying.

Jack LaLanne died today at 96. In an interview they showed on teleivision he siad he never thinks about dying, only living. I wish I could do this. Anyone have suggestions?
I'm not sure how to navigate this forum.  I just sent a message to mpaul, thinking that it would be posted here, but I can't find it and I'm not sure it got sent.  Anyway, mpaul, this may be repetitive if you already got my message.   I also wanted the others in this forum to get this.   I've had this fear for years.  I'm 54 now.  First started when I was 16, on a car ride up to Vermont to go skiing.  Just looking out the window, and the fear hit me.  For the past nearly 40 years, the phobia, if that is what this is, has come and gone.  Sometimes years will go by and I'm okay.  Then it will hit, I'll be in the throes of it for a while, then it will fade into something more manageable..  It's not dying that produces the fear.  It's the fear of eternity, of endlessness.  Even as I type this, I feel my anxiety level rise.  

I've been on Lexapro since 2002.  (Actually first Celexa, then Lexapro.)  This has helped, but then my psychiatrist had me try Welbutrin, which I wanted to try to enhance my energy level (which she said could be a result).  I got through two days, then started having the phobia again.    Maybe when the Welbutrin is out of my system, the Lexapro will kick back in and I'll be okay.

I'm not even sure what this is.  Phobia?  Obsessional thinking?  Anxiety?    I wonder if there is a better medication out there.    Anyway, nice to know this forum is here.  
I feel exactly the same as most people on here. My biggest problem is that I do not believe that anything could solve this question as I do not feel that there can be an answer. This leaves me with a constant feeling of dread. It petrifies me so much I could never tell my loved one's what is wrong with me as I would never want them to start thinking about it. Obviously this causes problems in itself as they can't understand what is wrong with me and will start taking things personally. I have also manipulated thoughts in to visualizations in my head which enables me to feel like I am stuck in a loop of one big panic attack. I wish I could be hypnotized to believe in infinity but I am too frickin cynical that I wont let it work! sheesh.... What to do?
I am glad i found this forum, for me the worst part of it is that i feel ashame to take abt  it especially with family members, i have severe headeach,and nightmare just the word eternity makes me sick, at the same time i do not wana be withdrawn from existance it will then be eternal, so there is no choice and that is what scares me the most. i hate that i can not stop thinking, it is a viscious circle, there is nothing that could make me feel better , i am lost........
i can relate to the screamin- panic attack!
my fear is based more on a celestial approach- what will happen to everthing?! cant even start dweling on it...
My fear of eternity and infinity began when I was 12. By the time I was 16 my anxiety attacks had become so frequent that I was sure I would be in a psychiatric center by the time I graduated high school. I went to pretty much every psychologist/psychiatrist in my area and in turn lost a lot of respect for those professions. That was when I discovered yoga therapy and it definitely improved my life drastically. I think yoga therapy helped because it taught me that people have been troubled by these thoughts since humans started recording their history. One thought that came to me during one of the therapy sessions that particularly helped put a damper on my anxiety, was thinking about eternity in the reverse. I thought "well, since I have already 'survived' eternity from the past, maybe there is something that I am missing about eternity into the future." I don't know if that will make sense to all of you who have commented here but for some reason it helped me. I am by no means 'over' my obsession with these thoughts, but I have learned to keep them at bay and not just by mere distraction. Meditation has really helped me to take the reins of my mind so to speak. In eastern philosophy they have a term called 'sunyata' which is roughly translated as 'emptiness'. In my limited understanding of eastern philosophy I have learned that this 'emptiness' is the essence of all material existence and I have come to believe that people like you and I are getting a glimpse of this truth of existence when we focus so deeply on such concepts as eternity and infinity. However it is a truth that is so vast that our minds/egos don't know where to place it so we simply freak out.

If anyone else who has commented here is interested in starting an official "crazy about eternity" forum I would be very interested in participating. I am curious to know what if any similarities people with this fear share. May you all experience an anxiety free day. love and light ad infinitum (pun intended)
My fear of eternity comes in the form of the cosmos. I don't obsess on it as much as I use to but I would think of the vasness of our galaxy. The thought of all this existance being inside of one of trillions of galaxys in the universe made me feel lost and meaningless.

The never ending, eternal universe. These thoughts would crush me with panic and anxiety. Over the years I have come to terms with these thoughts and they don't bother me as much as they use to.

Another crushing thought of eternal existance is the big bang, big crunch theory. In this theroy, this existance of ours may have happened countless times every trillion years or so. The universe explodes, we exist then everything comes back together in the big crunch only to start back over again. This can be disturbing to obsess over too.

God? I was raised a Catholic and believed in God like I was taught. But as I grew older, I questioned his existance. This only created more intense anxiety. My faith now varies eventhough I have seen miricles in my life. Actually, life itself is a miricle. We are only finite creatures living on this planet for miliseconds in the time of the universe. How can we understand or comprehend eternity? Here is a question for all, What was here before the universe? Answer = NOTHING! Wow my anxiety is acting up.
Mix all of these thoughts in with our own reality. That is what makes it tuff. Will we see our parents again? Our other loved ones? That is the disturbing part of these thoughts of eternity and the unknown.

Two distinct realities that mess together and become distorted, at least in an anxious state. I almost think I see things the way they really are when in derealization state. Keenly aware of the way things really are. I read that anxiety sufferers are in a way "too sane".

Geez, I am scaring myself thinking about all this stuff. I remember once being in a friend's house watching TV. Someone came on and was talking about our galaxy, something that I was always facinated with. As the conversation continued about our solar system and the distance between our closest neighbor, I began to feel far away. My arms and legs became numb, I was in a full panic attack. No one in the room had any idea that I was going through this.

The next day I woke up and I was living in a different world. Totally unreality. The anxiety levels were through the roof. I felt trapped inside this galaxy with no way out. A month later, I made an appointment to see a therapist.

The first two sessions with her were interesting for her I would think. The only thing I spoke about was the cosmos and our galaxy and how overwhelmed I was by the thought of it. During the third session, I began to talk about the cosmos again and she stopped me. she asked me a simple question, what is going on in your life? Well I obviously had alot of stress in my life at the time that caused me to obsess over nature and cause anxiety levels to increase.

It was all new to me so I didn't know how to handle or deal with it. What I am trying to say here is that there is a basis and cause for our fears and anxieties. we just attach these fears to concrete things around us to explain how we feel or what we are afraid of.

Sorry for being long winded but I think explaining how we feel helps everyone sort out issues.
I thought i was the only one. Wow im not along. This has been i dont know  if it is a fear or a concern. Which is kinda like one in the same atleast i think so. Well this is hard because i didnt think it had anything to do with anxiety because it has been happining to me for so long. The thoughts of what is it like and how will i be and if you really live up there. Thanks for posting this..
I can relate to everyone who has posted a reply.  It is a terrible, dreadful, THOUGHT to think of Eternity, and the unknown, panic, etc.  However I do think we have a way out of this mess we all seen to be STUCK in.  I will begin by noticing that the fear is only a THOUGHT, a perception of reality that is 100% just a perception of reality, and that is all, just a perception.  It can only be terrifying  when we think about it, it cannot be terrifying when not  thinking about it.  Now I know that is easier said than done, because the obsession is what drives this intense fear, panic, etc.  The solution to the problem is to notice these fears as something the MIND has created to distract all of us from something that is painful in our life.  It is a THOUGHT or scenario we have created to take us away from LIFE, because LIFE can be very scary, and LIFE is what we all truly want to be a part of.  

The true solution is to BELIEVE and KNOW that our Spirit is a much higher form of energy, and that the mind, and THINKING is a slower form, and not useful as we evolve as a higher being.  

I know some of you may THINK this al BS, but try seeing this problem of yours, as something your mind has created to cover up deep rooted issues in your life like abandonment, a form of dissacociating from abandonment, terror from early trauma in our life that is unresolved.  This problem will not last, and cannot last, and I believe will not even be a conscious THOUGHT, as our Spirit keeps evolving.

The solution is KNOWING we are SPIRITUAL beings having a HUMAN experience, and being HUMAN sometimes really *****.  It will pass, and we all will be so amazed when feel the true essence of our BEING.

The solution is a SPIRITUAL one, that is just my belief.
I like your post. Makes sense to me. My comment about putting our anxieties onto something concrete in the world goes in line with unresolved fears etc.

But you are correct. These perceptions are just thoughts that bring on physical symptoms along with the mental anguish. Thanks for posting
Awesome, let's learn to accept these fears, see what they are, and notice them as what they are, just fears.  

I am starting to feel better about it, my deep deep self believes in something AWESOME, and that is peaceful, it is just scary to NOT KNOW.

Thanks for replying.
I've been having this trouble since I was 8 or 9. I'm now 40.  

I can't even see the word without getting wobbly, so I only skimmed most of the comments here ... nevertheless, I'm happily surprised to find I'm not completely alone in feeling this way.

I completely identify with the screaming and banging of the head.  Within the last couple of years, I've even been waking up from deep sleep doing that.  So it's going on in my subconscious mind too, I would guess. Thanks for posting everyone.
I am discovering some interesting things about fear of eternity and past childhood trauma such as neglect, abandonment, emotional/physical abuse, separation anxiety, attachment disorders, etc.  

The fact that when we were traumatized as children or even adults we felt like we were frozen in time, the fear felt like eternity, and we had no way to express that or integrate those fears for our growth.  subconsciously we are still afraid of that feeling, and are now trying to reenact the earlier trauma so that we can now express it, face it, and resolve it.  basically every time we get terrified of eternity, it is a subconscious flashback of the past.

we need to Deconstruct eternity thinking: in childhood, fear and abandonment felt endless - a safer future was unimaginable. Remember the flashback will pass as it has many times before.

this has helped me tremendously, and been able to see a way to ease the fear or even get rid of it.  i am now on a mission to resolve, express, integrate those early terrified feelings of eternal fear, and being frozen in time.

i hope this helps for everyone

remember our only true fears coming into this world were "fear of falling when we began to walk" and "fear of not having safe attachments and food to keep us alive"  everything else was learned, and can be unlearned
Thank you for this post. I am the mother of an 8 year old boy who has recently started having these 'fear of eternity' panic attacks. Instantly when he brought it to my attention I remembered having this same fear as a child. I would lie in bed at night trying to distract myself with other thoughts just so I could get some sleep. I never told anyone about this fear and eventually I learned to just live with it. It is a thought that still occasionally haunts me but it has never driven me to panic attacks. At some point after years of dance, yoga, and TONS of outdoor activities, I became content with 'not knowing'. I found peace in knowing that I couldn't ever truly 'know' anything at all, I appreciate life's mysteries. This, however, is not something I can just teach my 8 year old to feel. He could only potentially learn to view things this way through life experience and over time. In the meantime, this whole thing is breaking my heart. :(

He says, "If we're all wrong and there is no such thing as heaven, we'll just die and go no where- that's scary. But if we're right then we'll be in heaven forever. What am I going to do FOREVER??!! Both things make me so sad and scared.".

Along with his fear of eternity he has a deep fear of losing me. I figure it is totally normal for any young child to fear losing their mother at some point in their childhood, but it is driving him to panic attacks as well.

About two years ago, he was in the middle of an awful custody battle and I'm sure he lost faith in many of the things/people he thought he could count on. I wondered if there was some connection between the fear of eternity and this traumatic experience. I want to do whatever I can to help him through this WITHOUT any form of medication, as I am completely against the stuff. Where are you making these discoveries and is there any literature on methods for curing or learning to combat these fears?

This post helps tremendously. Thanks again..
Hello there, you are not alone. I can relate drastically. Although I'm very scared of dying I to am afraid of eternity. Have you ever tried to "reprogram" yourself mentally and spiritually? I'm no dr. or professional but I honestly was doing WAY better before I re-accepted religion into my life as before I was an atheist and found more peace in believing that there was nothing after death just like there was nothing before I was born. I have to admit I still find it tempting to hold onto that belief as I tend to think heaven might end up being nerdy with nothing cool and not having the things that make me happy here on earth which WOULD make me more depressed and to think about hell just scares me beyond explanation...but  If you do believe as I do have doubts to that there might actually be a heaven and hell; i'd rather be in heaven then suffer from repetitive death and even more anxiety and terror in hell..then maybe say what you have to say to be saved which is Jesus is Lord to get into heaven but maybe hold onto the belief and realize that reincarnation and rebirth back onto earth is also possible. I dunno just trying to help. I have to say believe what makes you feel most at peace and i'm not trying to condone being an atheist as I don't want you to be damned to even worse torment if it is all real but maybe just rethinking things and accepting that if god is real that it has been said by multiple people that he asks people who have made it to heaven if they want to come back and try it again. :):) :)Hope I helped.
I used to feel real scared of eternity. Then I asked God to help me and he did. Now I believe that God loves me and the fear is much less. Some things only come from experience and no manner of words can convey them. Sometimes the only way to understand something is to recieve it from on high - even if this is contrary to what we might expect. Hope this helps.
I completely relate with you! Ever since I was a little girl and heard that Heaven is for eternity, my heart sinks everytime i think of it.  I want to know that there is an end at some point.  It almost sickens me from the panic that i have in my heart about this.  I've decided to talk to God and ask for him to hold my heart and make me feel differently about it.  I have never talked to anyone about this fear until today with co-workers.  I feel like the only way to delete this feeling from my brain and heart is to ask Him to heal me and get rid of the spirit holding this over my head.  SOOO glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way!!
This is exactly how i feel. Knowing that there are people out there that feel the same is relieving. I have no one to talk to about this problem and i wish i did. I am the kind of person who is very attacthed to loved ones, friends, pets, even possessions. I think this plays a big part in why I have this fear. Knowing that I will eventually lose everything and everyone in this life, brings me to a point of depression. It surprises me how few people have this fear. I feel like everyone who doesn't have this fear, is not thinking deeply enough. How can you live day by day knowing that your consioucness is temporary? At the same time, how can you live with the belief that life will never end? The beauty of life is that it has to be cherished because it's temporary, yet eternity contradicts that. At the same time, why live if it's all going to end? I feel like I'm trapped. It wasn't my choice to live and it isn't my choice to die. If you remind yourself everyday that everything in this stage of existence is temporary, maybe it will help.
i googled fear of eternity to see if there was a phobia for it.  no but they can prescribe medicine for it.  a psychiatrist ruined 2 years of my life because i was this or that.  its life deal with it.  but i have been dealing with this fear since a very young age since i was raised babtist.  it will make it hard to breathe and a feeling that you cant eacape. im 37 now and the fear still grips me as bad as when i was six. can there really be something so good you NEVER want it to end..i hope so
Don't forget the thought of what are we really...what is it that we breathe really....its just the confusion of the unknown that triggers the mind to obsess...its like waking up at the age age of 20 or whatever being fully grown not knowing any language....what people are saying...what's going on...the people around you...not having any know how at all...just total seclusion in yourself...but...the fear comes from being aware of not understanding all that surrounds you then you drink a beer....at least that's my life....total confusion and pressured habit until I drink then I sleep again....soon my body wont sustain a drinking habit and then all hell will break loose....the Human mind has evolved to the breaking point....eventually mass suicide will envolope...the human brain dwells and wonders too much now...
The first time I experienced fear of eternity I was probably about nine years old. The nuns at Catholic school had recently told me if I was good I would go to heaven and be with God forever. When I sat down by myself and contemplated it for only about a minute I came to the realization that eternity isn't just a really, really long time. And when that sunk in, I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin. It was such an intense disturbing feeling I had to put it out of my mind immediately. Luckily, unlike some others apparently, I'm able to keep it out of my mind. Only occasionally does it creep into my consciousness like someone sneaking up behind me and shouting, boo! For me it's not about whether I'll get bored in Heaven or anything like that, it's the concept of eternity itself that scares the hell or heaven out of me.
I have had the feeling myself since I was about 8 or 9. It seems that from reading the comments of those who left one, the feelings started very young.  In the biblical faith, I would say that the fear of eternity started when I hit the age of knowledge. This is when I understood good vs. evil and what the concept meant about heaven and hell and a realm called eternity.  I am now 38 years old and over the last few months, I have had an intense fear that overwhelmed me.  I couldn't even look into the sky without having dread fill my inner being. The movie that I wish I had never seen was AI:Artifical Intelligence.  The little android boy who wouldn't die until at the end when he was put out of his misery.  All he longed for was love.  Maybe that is what I was experiencing.  There is some truth to fear displacement. What is it internally that is driving my human mind to question whether the future will be ok if the current is not.  Fear is torment and a slow death to the current life.  I found myself screaming as I looked to the sky and I yelled "I WANT TO LIVE, I want to Live!"  It made sense to me and it gave me peace.  God put a limit on our conscious mind by surrounding our physical brain with a physical barrier called the skull.  Outside of the skull, there is a bigger world that must be experienced with living the life we have.
I started experiencing my fear of eternity very young. I remember trying to explain my fear to my over religious parents, and they wanted to help but they didn't understand. To them, going to heaven was something to strive for, but for me I often just imagined myself floating on a cloud into eternity and the fear was worse than any physical or mental pain I have ever felt. I would often jump out of my bed at night shaking and sobbing just at the thought of eternity. I am 18 now, and I haven't experienced the same fear for several years. I don't know if it's just repressed or if I actually got over it. I like to think that it was caused by my social anxiety. I always felt like an outcast, and in my visions of eternity I was always alone. When I started working I was forced out of my social anxiety, and since then I haven't had any problems with the fear. I don't know if that would help anyone else, but if there is even a chance I could help someone get over the intense fear I remember feeling I want to help. My parents came to me the other night, and said that my 7 year old sister came to them crying because she didn't want to live forever. I am trying my best to help her deal with this fear, and I was hoping I could find out more about it on forums like these. I am glad I found this forum, and I am surprised this fear isn't as well known. I guess for people that don't understand it, it doesn't seem like much of a fear at all.
WOW...I'm so happy I found this forum.  I really thought I was going crazy.  I had a fear of eternity since I was a child.  I remember thinking that my parents are going to die and then eventually me.  Then what???  We just live forever and forever...never ending.  It really paralyzed me to the core.  When I was 16 I told my Mom about this fear and she just brushed it off and said "you're too young to be thinking like that".  Well...now I'm 35 and STILL I'm thinking like that.  What has helped me in the past few months is the bible.  I started reading the gospels and a calmness seems to come over me.  I just have to take it day by day and try to enjoy my life while I'm still here.  That's all we really can do.
I've had this fear since I was really little. I've never been religious because of it. Even before I could comprehend it, when I was really little, I would get uneasy and anxious when I went to church school. The bible scared me, religion scared me. Heaven or hell, it doesn't matter. The thought of just never ending is the only thing that has ever sent me into anxiety attacks. I remember it used to be much worse, when I was around 8 I really started thinking about eternity. I would lay awake sobbing and hyperventilating at the thought. I would calm myself down by saying "it will end it will end it will end" on repeat and if that didn't work, punching and scratching my legs until I could breathe right.
I've gotten better at dealing with the anxiety. The fear is still here. I'm shaking right now as I'm typing this. I don't think its gotten better, I don't think there's anything that will make it better. I've just gotten better at putting up a wall between me and those thoughts. I can think about it without REALLY THINKING about it.
If that even makes sense.
But I'm just 16 and I can see myself  in vivid detail as an old lady with my life behind me and death looming. And its not death that I'm afraid of, its the unknown in front of me and I just don't know what I'll do then.
Greetings from Finland!

And sorry for my bad english..

I also have had this fear since childhood. Rather i'd call it horror or terror.. As a child I was afraid of losing my existence - for eternity. Luckily I found comfort in Jesus and Heaven.
But then it just changed to a fear o'f eternal existence.. Like, it is never gonna end..
Yes, I'd love to be in Heaven, but eternity.. that's just way too long a time..

As a child this happened to me usually in a waking state. I remember how it came out of the blue while for example showering. Then i'd just collapse on the floor in a complete panic. I felt like running, but there's no place to hide. You can't escape it. Nothing you do will change it. There's no solution. It's inevitable.

Nowadays it only comes while sleeping. Isn't that strange? And, in my opinion, it never comes during a normal dream state, but probably during deep sleep or some other state.. I don't remember thinking about it.
I just wake up to this horrible fear and start screaming. Sometimes I even start running and punching the wall and scream - NO, NO, NO, this can't be real! This isn't happening! Luckily it withers away fast by itself.

Funny, untill I found this forum, I thought I was the only person in the whole world suffering from this.. Good to no that there's also other people who have this abysmal fear.. :D
Greetings again!

In a normal mental level I can't imagine a solution for this dilemma . Of course, if I just lose me being and vanish - I'm not gonna be there suffering about this.. But that's just not an option for me. I don't even want to accept the loss of my existence. Even if it really seems better than being trapped in never-ending time.

I belive in enlightenment. There are people who say, that they have awakened completely. That they have seen and experienced that time and space are illusion and exist only in the deluded mind. These people say that they have trancended even being and non-being, whatever that means..
That there is a state of immortality which is beyond linear time or time altogether.

Nisargadatta Maharaj:

"Please understand that there is only one thing to be understood, and that is that you are the formless, timeless unborn."

Ramana Maharshi:

"Without us there is no time nor space. If we are only
bodies, we are caught up in time and space. But are we bodies?
Now, then and always -- here, now and everywhere -- we
are the same. We exist, timeless and spaceless we."

Actually, the awakening incident of this Ramana is very interesting - it was initiated by an intense and sudden attack of fear of dying.

You should check out what is advaita-vedanta.
And finally..

Here is a youtube video on me taking this fear to my spiritual teacher Mooji.

"Attacks of fear"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHyK33Vvjk

It took a few minutes before my teacher really grasped the point of this fear.

Actually, I'm grateful to this fear, because it keeps pushing me spiritually. :D I think its a gift from God.
I do experience this problem too. I'm 15 and reading about people having trouble til much older is worrying for me! I spoke to my brother (not suffering with this phobia or whatever it is) about it once and we had a long talk. He explained that time is only an earthly thing and since God is timeless, Heaven will be too. We cannot imagine what timeless living is like although sleep is timeless. I feel like we should all tell at least someone just so we have and so that someone knows! Ask for prayer from people, and if you're still struggling pray more and try to believe! Gods loves us all and we should be so greatfull for that! It is satan when we get anxious like this and you can command for him to leave in the name if the Lord! Bless you all and please speak to your fellow christians about it! One more thing is; just there, I was sitting and the horrible thought came to me again and out of nowhere the song I got a feeling by the black eyed peas (which I don't even like so is even more strange) came into my head right from the point where it says party every day! I believe God put it in my head for a reason! So there's some daily testamony for y'all! Again bless you, from your heavenly brother, Jonathan <
I'm scared of an eternity of regretting things which I did not do in this life and of continuing to have obsessive compulsive thoughts and behaviour into the next life and forever.
Wow. Your description of your son's comments is EXACTLY how I would describe my own anxieties - anxieties I started having when i was about his age. I'm 41 now and have a daugher who's almost 7. Though she hasn't shown any signs of these types of fears yet, I can still remember very clearly when I was a kid, jumping out of bed in a panic and crawling into bed with my parents. After trying to explain to my mom what was bothering me, I remember her telling me that she'd often had the same thoughts and understood what I meant - this in itself REALLY helped me, and still does. Although, I do still have episodes and at times the panic is as poignant as it ever was. Really good to find this thread though. It has already helped in some ways.
OMG .....When I read all these comments, I completely broke down in tears. I am 16 years old and i have had the fear of eternity my entire life. I seriously thought I was going insane because i thought i was the only person in the world who ever had this fear. Every time I tried to explain it to someone for help they would be completely confused as to what the problem even was. I have had horrible anxiety attacks that i hid from everyone for as long as i can remember. It gotten as bad as to where id be in a ball, crying and shaking uncontrollably, screaming to the top of my lungs or hurting myself. There is literally no feeling worse like it in the world!! The fear is very random and stays away for long or short periods of time.
I'm glad I found this post. I had my first ever panic attack at 18 when going over this exact scenario. I often lie awake at night thinking about this darkness that will take over from me when I die...A life and a planet that continues on like nothing happened after I die. And that's it!
The fact in the rest of the existence of Earth I'll never see another day once I die sends me in to a spin.
However, I have managed to avoid it a little. Whenever I feel it coming on I imagine some of the happiest moments in my life and it kinda works and I don't end up thinking about it.
On the plus point it makes me appreciate life a lot more in all forms. I used to kill spiders and moths in my house but now I catch them and put them outside. They only have one precious life like me, so I think it's made me a better person....try and turn it into a positive :)
Me too. One day I thought about eternity and I felt a terrible fearshudder, it's like dead and paralyze me. A bit indescribable, I feel like I do not exist. This fear go out and I forget it, but I unconsciously know that it will return sooner or later. Sometimes I try to arouse this fear just to validate it is there. It is a sort of discover but I can't overcome it, I think it's a sign of the true nature of things.
I've had this fear as long as I can remember, but I can't really agree that it's a fear, like some irrational phobia, it's more like a realization.  Doesn't everyone think about this?  Where will I be in a million years? Ten billion?  I usually have panic attacks about this when I get up in the middle of the night, and its a sickening, crippling thought, like the bottom falls out of everything I know, I feel like I could throw up.  It's like I'm on a ride I can't get off, and no one can help me. I've never told anyone about it, because I don't want anyone else to worry like this.  I'm not gullible enough to believe there's some God who is eternal, so I can't go there for false comfort.  I know that all my thoughts are energy and everything that makes me who I am is energy firing in my neurons, that will disperse when I die, but I'm terrified of that!  How can I not be me? I'm me!!!  I just try to keep busy and not think about it, because there's absolutely nothing I can do :(
I developed this fear as a child, then it went away for many years, then came back strong in my early 30s. Now I've been living with fairly consistently for 5 years, which seems crazy (and I can't believe I've never googled it before!). I have a fascinating job (although very intense), three wonderful children and a caring and supportive spouse, but I can't enjoy that as much as I should because I'm worried about the ultimate fate of the universe/human race/possibility of an afterlife/lack of an afterlife.

Therapists talk about the need to live in the moment, and I often think that this is the root of this problem. It is the ultimate inability to live in the moment because you are anxious about the not moment. This has been confirmed to me at certain times when I am extremely busy because I notice the fear will subside for a while. One sad thing about it is that the anxiety will increase when I'm not distracted with work, so vacation is sometimes a source of anxiety.

In terms of what has helped, I agree with the person above who suggested we share our fear. When I have bad anxiety attacks, I find speaking with my spouse is one way to decrease the anxiety. She is profoundly religious (I am deeply agnostic!), and her sense of calm about these issues even if I can't immediately share it, coming from someone I love and respect deeply, allows me to get things in perspective. She finds my anxiety totally alien, but she is willing to discuss it and we have some fascinating and far reaching conversations on the topic late at night.
I also felt that I was the only one in the world that has this, it is something you don't want to talk about. I'm even hesitant to write it down here.

For me it feels like a quest for  the ultimate answer, now after after 40, I Googled this and suddenly it has a name, it's called apeirophobia we suffer from, all of us. It's a known condition and phobia , which makes us afraid of eternity. Funny thing that in the whole tread nobody talks about the phobia, but only about the fears and the feelings, it is that strong. We encounter our believes and anxiety as the truth, but I believe the core of this fear is that our mind is playing with us and we create this fear, as it originates for fears we have for other things and fear of the unknown and it manifest on us like this.

What I can say about this, to try to find easing this , is how and where it started.

1 It started when we where young and we for the first time realized our mortality and finite lifespan in our own lives. It is deeply  related  also to the fear on not being or existing (paradox).

2 We all want to live, we don't want to die, we want to cope with this. We are trying to find answers, we think and think and think, we over think (see also point 3)

2 The fear lingers, sometimes it is gone for years, than it rears its ugly head, for me it appears after a traumatic or extremely stressful event. (When I was younger my cat died, more recently my therapist who I used to discuss this in detail for over ten years, suddenly died and i had extreme work stress that jeopordized my daily surival in financial terms, also I struggle with not pursuing my dreams when I was younger and now doing something totally different than my artistic dreams where about )

3 I believe that everybody who has this, has a tendency to over think things, I highly suspect that their is  a slight OCD disorder that lies root to our condition. We are very over sensitive

4 In my case I'm looking for meaning and purpose and I have tendency to read about philosophy and astronomy (things  I paradoxically love) . I have a tendency to go near the fear event though I know it is terrible.

5 I believe the phobia or fear results from a limited knowledge of things , and our innability  to understand some matters that are beyond us. When I have the fear, I feel my brain (my CPU ) says it cannot compute anymore, it totally overloads. As if  my brain and thoughts try to solve a puzzle that cannot be solved.

6 I'm not sure if I can find peace for my fear in a spiritual way or in a scientific way, but I do believe that mens understanding and most misunderstanding of space and time are cause of the fear.

7 I also feel the condition is linked to depression , or vice versa, but when being treated for depressions with medication (SSRIs) it took away my fears for years.

What Muurakko from Finland  mentioned from his guru here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHyK33Vvjk  

It makes sense , just try drop your concept of time, try that , it is a very important element of our issues I believe

Also try this concept, this is your only life you are going to have, there is no past, there is no future, only in our mind, there is only now, now I'm typing this, than it is gone. You have a wonderful now, the now will only last our lifetimes, there was no you before you and there will be no you after you are gone. We need to grab now and stop worrying about what if, because we will miss all the wonderful now.

Please let me know if you find similarities of my story with your condition, I'm very much interested to see our parallels in our daily lives and believes and dreams we had for live and your childhood experiences.

I send my love to all of you – Peter
i share the same fear as all of you as well. It comes and goes through my thoughts year to year. it poisoning to think about really. i mean if you actually think about it, life after death is supposed to for all eternity. i cannot begin to even imagine how long that is. 10 billion 100 billion 100 trillion years of eternal life. i mean when i honestly sit and think about it, there's honestly nothing i want to do in the world for more than hours at a time. I think what could we possibly do with that amount of time, scratch that what could we do for the rest of our spiritual lives, because eternity isn't just for a long time it's for eternity (limitless, unmeasurable, never ending, etc.) that's what frightens me. after all that time wouldn't we get, bored. and i feel like i'm trapped in a box because there's no way out of the afterlife, that's the last stop, sitting on the clouds playing the harp for a never ending amount of time. Is that what awaits us? problem is that nobody knows thats the frustrating part. we might ride the clouds, throwdown a quick game of texas hold'em. no one knows. and i feel like there is just this big empty space in my heart because i feel like i'm trapped in this inevitable ending. But one things for sure at least when the never ending end comes, i'll be with everyone that i've ever known or haven't, at least will all exprerience eternity together. i guess roaming around in the clouds with 100 billion people or so wouldn't be a pretty awesome way to begin an unending adventure. sigh.. it still gets me. i'm just glad that i'm not alone in this fear, or way of thinking. i'm still young and from what i hear it sounds like it's going to come and go for the rest of my life. thank you for making me feel normal, for a second i thought i was going crazy and that i was the only one in the world.i'm grateful to discover that they're others out there that think like me it's truly a blessing to know that even though i have this fear i'm not the only one. i guess the only thing left to say is pinochle anyone? (:
I used  to think that I was the only one with this fear. It developed after my grandfather died. I wrote a monologue trying to explain the way I feel and some people laugh. My fear is doing something forever nine stop even if it is in heaven. I know that as a christian I'm supposed to be happy to go to heaven but I'm not but on the other hand I don't want to live forever either. In stuck. What is happening to me.
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this page. I obsess over death and dying AS WELL AS the dreaded "eternity." This has crippled my life for as long as I can remember. I'm 32 now. My dad died when I was 18, I was already obsessed by it then but when he passed away it got much worse. Any time I leave the house I'm afraid I won't return. Anytime my family leaves I think they're gonna die. I don't know what to do. I can't even continue typing because I'm about to have an anxiety attack.
I've gone through and read each and every one of these posts. I see myself in many of these posts and definitely can relate to each of you.
Has anyone else noticed that *almost* everyone's fears of death/dying and eternity all began around the same age of roughly 7-10 years old, give or take a few years? Mine started around the age of 7...
I don't know why, I just felt this was interesting to note.   :)
I was listening to the Bible on audiable cause I thought it would help with my anxiety of dying but it didn't. I fear of non existence and also eternity. My mind can't wrap around the thought of forever. What could a person possibly do with forever?? Its just as horroble as not existing after death. Can anyone imaging just being around in a spiritual form for all eternity? I simply can't.  My anxiety get so bad just thibking about it that I cry and cry and cry until I have nothing left. There's only two options and both is so unsettling for me. I sometimes wonder if reincarnation could be real but I can't put my eggs in that basket even though that option sounds more appealing than the other two. Am I just crazy? Im 28 years old and I've always panicked over this issue since I was 10. Most days I'm fine and dont put much thought into it but then there are those nights where I lay on bed and my whole being is consumed with those thoughts.
I went through five intense months of the same bitterness, darling. It's confusing and stressful, but if you're worried of reliving something over and over in Heaven, I'm sure in reality in Heaven there would be endless possibilities of different activities in Heaven. Everything will be alright, I promise :)
Omg I totally feel this to...
Someone way up in these posts said something that made me feel so much better. I don't even think they realize they helped me. They said something along the lines of just as we don't remember before we are born, chances are we won't remember after we die. Thought I would share.
I have this fear. I try not to think about it, but it is very real. I found this thread and went into a panic reading that some of you suffer from this as well. :(
The same thing happened to me when I first found this site and read everyone's posts. Even though it threw me into a panic, it helped me too because I realized I'm not alone in the way I think, and realized I may not be quite as crazy as I thought I was. It sounds crazy, but I honestly thought I was the only one in the world who thinks and obsesses about death/dying and the only person who gets paralyzed with fear when thinking about eternity and the unknown.
It helps to know I'm not alone.
I feel the same way.  I've thought the same thing as you about reincarnation.  Even as a Christian, it still seems more appealing than Heaven.
I have done the same thing when I get anxious.  The screaming is the only way I can release my anxiety sometimes.
I'm really glad i found this forum. Ive had this problem ever since i was a child. I've always tried to explain to people around me sometimes my family sometimes my friends but no one ever understood what i was talking about. They always told me don't worry about it, heaven is supposed to be this great place but heaven or hell wasn't what i was afraid of. It's the fact that no matter what state of mind we are in, if we go to heaven if we go to hell, theirs no stopping eternity, it's just an endless existence even if we don't "exist" anymore if that even makes any sense. I get really bad panic attacks when i think about eternity, my heart starts beating fast, i get this deep heavy feeling in my chest and i just want to scream. Most of the time when it gets really bad i'll start walking around really fast back and forth and tell myself "no no no" and try to find my wife because i feel better when i'm hugged. I'm 24 btw, i know it sounds childish but it gets really bad. If i cant find my wife, i run to my bed and get in the fetal position wrap the blanket around me and try to think of something else in order to try to forget about the thoughts. The main things that usually trigger these panic attacks are space and the universe. Every time i think about how big the universe is and how insignificant we are and how our existence is basically just a spec, i get terrified. I don't know what to do or how to get rid of it. I honestly thought I was never going to find any one with the same fear until i found this forum. Every time i would try to look it up on google I couldnt find anything because i kept typing "panic from being in existence forever". I wan't quite sure if eternity really was my fear or the fear of my existence not stopping. Now i know for a fact that my fear really is eternity itself. I'm really glad that I found this though. It gives me relief to know that im not alone. It was hard before because ive never met anyone that had this fear or get anxiety from it like i did. Reading all these posts just eases me a bit, thank you
Yep, I know exactly what you're going through. I still haven't found anything that makes me feel better though. I just have to "ride it out" until it passes. My big problem is when I lay down to go to sleep. My mind starts to wander and I can't get it away from thinking about eternity and our existence and what it means. No matter what I do I can't redirect my thoughts to something that doesn't scare the hell outta me. I'll eventually fall asleep but then I'll dream about it and wake up in a panic and it starts all over again. It's a vicious cycle.  Anyhoo, welcome!
I too have experienced the fears you are all talking about. All I can tell you is mine went away as I developed  a relationship with God.  One poster said they were not guillible enough to believe in a God that is eternal.        That is sad to me.  As more and more of my family members pass away, I find comfort in knowing God has made it possible for us to all be together again one day.  I don't believe there will be anxiety, bad health, fears, tears or anything bad in heaven.  It will be a place that we will all want to be for an eternity.  That's how I have dealt with my fears about my life after death.  Believe me it has worked for me and I don't stay awake thinking about it. I hope this helps someone.  I remember how awful I used to feel.
My problem is that I used to have a strong relationship with God, but as my apeirophobia became more prevalent I couldn't even read the Bible.  Now it's even harder to go to church.  I have prayed for years for God to take this fear away so that I can feel comfortable reading the Bible again.  You would think that He would want me to overcome this.  Every counselor or pastor I have talked to has not been able to understand what I'm going through.  It made me feel so alone until I found this forum.  I thought there was something so wrong with me that it couldn't be fixed.  
Now that I know others have this problem, I'm hoping there are counselors who have helped people deal with this.  So far, I've had no luck.  
Don't give up on God.  I'm talking to myself too.  I have prayed and prayed that he would take this chronic back pain away.  Sometimes I wonder why he hasn't answered my prayer.  I know that God does things in his own time.  I don't know what to tell you about the fears you have.  I have not experienced anything that strong.  I know it is God's will that we all have a relationship with him.  I have to believe that God will help you find your way back to him.  I also know the devil is very strong too.  He would like nothing more than for you to give up.  Rebuke the devil  and tell him he will not control you any longer.  Say the name of Jesus over and over and he will not want to be in your presents.  This happened with my granddaughter.  She was only 5 and the devil got her to thinking she didn't love any of her family, she didn't want to pray,  and she didn't want to go to church.  My son got her up in his arms and told her the devil was not going to control her any longer.  He rebuked the devil and had her to do it.  I saw my sweet little granddaughter come back to us.  She has been fine since that day.  I don't know if any of this will help you, but it was what I felt that I should say.
for me when i start thinking about it i force myself to think about something else, i try to keep myself as busy as possible. I know that if i lay down and just think about it I'm going to start thinking about it again and i'll just go deeper and deeper until i hit that point where i start having a panic attack and i'll start feeling like im trapped in a cage again. I tried telling my very close friend about this problem and it was really frustrating trying to explain to people sometimes because they don't understand, they always mention God and how heaven is a great place and you won't have any worries. I have NO problem with the afterlife at all, I accept it and i believe in it. I grew up a firm believer of God and was even an alter boy for a few years at my local church. My main problem is the "never ending". I can be in heaven and enjoy all the things it offers but how long will that last, 1 million? 1billion? 1 trillion years? Idk if I can take that. I'd go crazy. I think my main problem is that i cant accept being in a state of mind where im just happy all the time with no worries. I hate thinking about it because in my head no matter what, I can't turn myself off. If i die and go to heaven "technically" im still ON. I hope im not confusing you guys but the main thing that bothers me is that i have no control in shutting off, i can't grasp the fact of my mind not funtioning even after i die. I just feel trapped.
I think we are called deep thinkers.  My Dad was the same way. I tried talking to some of my friends about it, but they didn't have a clue how I felt.   I used to be like you and I learned I had no control over it.  I decided God had this, and he knows what we can handle.  I don't think we will think like we do now.  We are to be like him.  Try not to dwell on going on and on.  Try to just be happy that you are going to be in a wonderful place that you will never want to leave.  You will be with God and all your loved ones that are believers.    
I started having this fear in an extreme way about two years ago at the age of 55. This happened as I took a look at the horrible mess I had made of my life and the lives of others. I asked God, not even sure that there was a God listening, what God wanted me to want. This was remarkable for me as I had always done things the way that I wanted. Hence the train wreck I call my life. I am a christian now and the struggle continues but with one caveat. I have done my best to stop asking questions that I do not think can be answered. The reason is that these questions have driven me to the brink of insanity. If there is a devil then it would seem that this is just another device to destroy our quality of life. All joy is robbed because of fear. The bible says perfect loves drives out all fear. Not that I exist at all in perfect love but something has changed in me that I cannot explain. Like the fact that I genuinely pray for my enemies. This is so unlike me. But it seems to have helped. I am grateful for this.
I'm glad i found this post! I thought i was the only person on earth with this problem & fear, it started when i was a little kid, now i'm 19 & i can totally relate to the panic attack & the intense feeling of going out and scream or hug someone! it just feels so horrible! i mean I've read that there had been a lot of past lives in each of us & there will be more, but eventually someday the end of all those reincarnations will come & that's how eternity will begin & it just scares me of thinking, that we will be there just forever & there will be no more stuff to do but just being there... I just hope it's not as scary as i think it is but so far it has freaked me the hell out D: At least some people think the same way as i do. You're not alone, we all have that fear & will have to face it together someday /:
That's one way you know you are a Christian.  There has been a change in you.  You can pray for your enemies, because you have the love of God in you.  Lean on him and he will help you with your fears.  
Do any of y'all know of any good books to read about this subject besides the Bible? I know that sounds bad, that's not what I meant. I have read the Bible, and continue reading It. It can be a Christian-based book. I've searched the internet but can't really find what I'm looking for, IF I even know myself what I'm looking for.
Look up the Campaign for Philosophical Freedom.  You're now taking a glimpse through the "rabbit hole".

Beware though, once you go through this "transition".  The way you look at organized religion will never be the same.

Good luck to you-
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely try it out and letcha know :)
Hello everyone, I am actually currently 14. I know that sounds young, but I like to think myself very mature for my age, maybe i'm just arrogant. I was able to connect to a lot of the people posting, and just learning about what it is was incredible for me. I realised it probably did stem from when I was (more) little, when I felt disconnected, and I was in a bad place i wanted to escape, and I felt like it would last forever. I also think it's genetic, my mother had the same problem. I am more like my mother, and my sister is more like my dad. I've talked to my sister, she just says "i'll rot in the ground. so what?" I would give anything to think like that. I've started making a list of things to help me when the fear rears its ugly head. I also found it only happens when i am sad (such as at night, like many of you) or when i'm not distracted. It hasn't been a problem in a long time, but my best friend recently moved away, and that made it start up again, and I can't take my mind off it. Although since finding this forum, at least briefly I felt better, knowing we could at least suffer through eternity together, and other people feel the same way. I always see is as a couple possibilities. Blackness, your'e dead. While that is a solution for some, it never was for me, and terrified me all the more. Forever in heaven, boredom, you'll get bored eventually. Reincarnation didn't help either, because not having knowledge of my past, doesn't help me. I'm agnostic, leaning toward atheism. There's the whole thing about god taking away your ability to feel bored, and you'd be happy all the time, but even that wouldn't feel like a genuine existence, and scared me as much as everything else. Sometimes i think the only way to fight it is with itself. Like, the universe has to end EVENTUALLY is my thought, but then i think, there has to be SOMETHING there, so it's like infinity VS infinity. Anyway, when i'm in a good mood, I can just think "oh well, nothing i can do about it, life is beautiful, enjoy yourself" but as soon as my mood comes down, it pops up. This is the only thought i'd be content with forgetting forever, because it defeat the purpose of itself. Shortened, the best solution i can find is essentially YOLO, so enjoy yourself, but this prevents me from doing just that, i guess that's irony. I think just surrounding one's self with people they love, and distracting yourself is the best things to do, but I'd love to just find a permanent solution, just making the fear go away, or finding the answer (however unlikely that is) Thank you everyone for posting, i found it interesting reading all your own solutions and stories, keep it up, we're all in this together (this is the only forum ever i haven't seen a troll in, everyone just wants to help. Good luck to you all!
The best way to cope with this is by placing friends or loved ones  with you in your vision of endlessness/idea of eternity. It is through experiencing this with other humans that makes this bearable.

Because I am a Christian my vision of eternity is not acceptable because of the splendors of Heaven that I expect; because I too see any place as terrifying if Ill be there eternally. What makes eternity not only bearable but now my greatest longing is that Jesus will be there. I know that can sound weird but Jesus is the only one who has ever showed true love and truly showed what humans were made to be like and the faith that I will be enduring eternity with Him is what truly brings me joy.

Never ending, eternal, infinite,
my greatest fears I will admit.
Being with yourself unchanged,
this can bring everyone pain.
But Christ, yes , He is Creator,
everlasting loving sustainer.
The day now is coming soon
where He shall make something new.
No pleasure at all can comfort infinity
Anything becomes torture when described never ending!
With Jesus alone do my fears run and hide
for He is the way, the Truth, The Life.
In Christ alone do I find peace.
His friendship alone satisfies eternity.

I could have typed the exact thing you posted about 2 years ago. I found my permanent solution but it is literally the only one and it not only removed my fear but transformed it into my greatest joy. C.S. Lewis wrote a book where he explained that when you hunger for something, when you truly long and are starved for something you can have faith that what it is you have an appetite for must exist.
You my friend, have a real appetite to the question of eternity. I too have this appetite. I know your agnostic and probably don't take the bible very seriously but this verse changed my life.Its written in
Ecclesiastes which is a book that is a man without God's perspective on life. He comes to the conclusion that without God life is meaningless and it seems as though you agree with that as well. That with no Designer we therefore have no design and therefore have no purpose. Anyways this verse from that book opened me up to Jesus

:Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

You see man, We are finite beings with the concept of eternity in our hearts! No wonder people are losing there minds. The only thing that can suffice this is a relationship with the Designer. The only way to become related to the Creator is through Jesus Christ. Because Jesus Christ is God as a man, the image of God, The Son of God He can die in our place. Because His inheritance is the Kingdom of Heaven He can bestow it upon us if He dies. Well He did die and He never once strayed away from righteousness which made His death sinless and because He was crucified on behalf of a Jewish High Priest and Roman  Pontius Pilate His death was officially a sacrifice and a death penalty. He knew this would happen and in fact this was His reason for living a life here on Earth, that we might be saved . Because He was resurrected and still lives He also is in on the inheritance meaning that we not only get to go to heaven on behalf of His great act of Love, we get to spend eternity with Him. The only thing that satisfies my fear of eternity is spending it with the most loving yet powerful being in existence. He loves you man and He died for your sins and He set eternity in your heart that you would come running for a solution which is Him.  I know this is can seem crazy but what is crazy is to ignore it. My greatest hope is that you would call upon Jesus as your savior and see what the bible has to say about Him. I promise you that no other thing will give you peace brother. Jesus is the way The Life and The Truth and if you will call upon Him he will open your eyes, forgive you of any thought you have ever thought or any deed you have ever done because He bore your judgment at the cross and he did it because He loves with a love no one has yet to comprehend...

Wow. I stumbled upon this in the midst of a panic attack that is keeping me awake tonight. I am very reassured by the fact I am not alone, so I am grateful for this. I have many of the same phobia characteristics others have described, I'm 23 now and have been dealing with this roughly 13 years. I am a Christian, and believe in a beautiful perfect Heaven, but that still doesn't stop fear from clouding my vision. I suppose beyond the basic what-if-I-get-bored scenario, and the trying to wrap my mind around the concept of infinity, the thing I most fear is lack of seasons. Having recently become a mom I'm starting to appreciate a new season in my life, and the fact that as humans we constantly change and adapt. I guess it just terrifies me to think that heaven is a place where 'nothing' happens- we have no trials to overcome, that our heavenly beings are already perfect and unadaptable. That maybe we will sit around and talk about life on Earth forever and hear one another's stories- interesting of course, but what to do once the last story is told? Well, all I can do is actively remind myself of Gods goodness and love. That we will worship Him forever because he is worthy of it. That maybe seasons will exist in Heaven, even if they are different from ours. And all I can do right now is live my life fully.
DuskLunae feels numb. Comment
43 mins ago
suzannez222 commented on day 10 off Methodone ...
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy I have a heart full of ambi... Comment