Anxiety Community
feel like im going crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

feel like im going crazy

does anyone ever get these feelings that u r goin crazy. like its very scary when it happens im really scared when this happens cuz i honestly feel like im about to go crazy and im scared these feelings are really scary and i hate it when it happens. im not crazy i have a really bad anxiety disorder and i run to the hospital everyday. but this morning i woke up feeling neausous and scared then i get this overwelming feeling that im going to go crazy and it scared the **** out of me someone pleaseee tell me im not alone on this.
I know what you mean mate. I had it the other day. i have not had anxiety for long so i get new symptons all the time and this happened the other day.

How can i describe it? it feels like you have no control and you feel like you are doing deeper down the rabbit hole?

you are not alone on this mate :D
you are not going crazy.. i have been there and gone through that symptom too and its probly one of the worst feelings that you can get. i promise you that you wiil not go crazy. i posted this in another forum and ill post it again here. if the thought and  feeling of going crazy makes you nervouse and makes you feel like you are going to panic, and you know that these thoughts are wrong and not normal, you are NOT going to go crazy. see "crazy" people dont know that these thoughts are wrong.  they dont realize that the thoughts that they are having are not normal for everyone. please just try to calm yourself down when this happens and just tell yourself that these thoughts are just irrational and you will not go crazy. i hope you start to feel better soon.
I know exactly how you feel. I was having such bad anxiety yesterday... I was pacing up and down my street... and feeling like a zombie... or felt not real... and felt like I was going mentally insane...

This is ALL anxiety... YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY. =) Okay?

People who are crazy... don't know that they are crazy. People who are scared of becoming crazy... arent crazy...  =)

My psychologist told me that. haha.

You say you go to the hospital alot? Are you on any medications for your anxiety? If not, I would talk to a Dr. about some options... and also see a therapist who can help you get over these feelings. =)

Your on the right track.
As everyone else said, people who actually have mental disorders do not realize they have them. That's the definition. If you think your thoughts are wrong, you aren't "crazy", and it's probably anxiety.
I KNOW that this might be very hard to convince yourself of, I have experienced this several times in my own body. I hope you get better :)
Hey buddy
Nah, you are far from being in touch with reality, in fact you are TOO in touch with reality..anxiety makes you overly sensitive to events, and sensations..You are experiencing the fight or flight response the adrenaline rush to your brain ofcourse you cannot think straight, you body senses unreal danger and its preparing itself to not think just ACT which is why you ran to the hospital...for now read about how to relax yourself after a panic attack and ofcourse seek some proffesional help...we have all been there, and believe me, once you accept that anxiety wont drive u crazy and you understand it, it will get easier...ciao for now
YOU R NOT ALONE WITH THIS MATE.
I HAVE THIS FEELING AND FEAR OFTEN..THE ONLY THING I COULD DO WAS 2 LET THE FEELING COME AND THEN NOT TO FIGHT IT AND HOPE THAT IT PASSES AS DOES THE PANIC.
I have the same thing.  It is worse than the physical symptoms of panic in my opinion.  I am starting a  symptom reduction / meditation group next month and am hopefull that it will help (with medication until the symptoms are under control).  Therapy, medication, meditation, accupunture, and yoga are all things worth trying. Good luck.
Thin4Freedom added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
46 mins ago
Thin4Freedom added the Gastro Tracker
49 mins ago
Thin4Freedom joined this community
Welcome them!
1 hr ago