Anxiety Community
feeling ill in the mornings

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

feeling ill in the mornings

Hi all,

Does anyone else with anxiety feel a bit rough in the mornings, especially if they have to wake up early for work?

Over the last week I have been feeling ill when i wake up and for a couple of hours after, it gets better as the day goes on. Symptoms are Dry mouth, neausa, dry heaving, fatigue, weak limbs.

Does anyone know whether this is anxiety,? I have been suffereing from anxiety for a year but have only just noticed this.

Please note that I have been on a big diet recenlty, eating half as much as i usually do. I dont eat breakfast and am out of the house within 10 mins of waking up.
yes jon i do same thing . when am in anxiety mode i wake up every morning sick/stomack cant eat running to bathroom  feel weak just feel like ****, so yes it is . i try and eat a little something to make my stomack better .i eat yougurt, it donr really help but i get something in there . i lost 21 pds in 3 weeks from feeling that way. it will pass.
Yes as a matter of fact I have it really bad, right now actually. It's 6:30 am and I have to be awake now cause I woke up with anxiety. My stomach feels icky, I feel light headed, and I am trying to calm my heart rate down, although it seems to be around 96 it sure feels like more. This anxiety **** is really getting old, I hate this =(
Lately I have always been feeling crappy in the morning. Weak in the morning, Sick to my stomach, and also nervous and jittery.  I try to force myself to eat some oatmeal and drink some OJ, but sometimes I work myself up to much and cant get anything down.  I wish I could skip mornings all together.  Maybe you should try give yourself more time in the morning to relax before heading out the door and try eating something little to get something in your system. My anxiety has come out full blown within the past 2 months, Im glad im a stay at home mom I really dont know what I would do if I had to go to work like this.
Hopefully the feeling in the morning will all pass for us and we can all go back to feeling somewhat normal again.
Good luck!
Oh yes....every morning and I mean EVERY morning!  Some are easier than others...but I always have slight nausea, a little shakey (shaky), heart beating....it lasts about an hour and then it begins to subside.  I have learned to deal with it by not thinking about it...if this is how it is going to be, then so be it!  Hope you are feeling better!
I also find mornings the worst time of the day Im always awake by 5am and my hearts beating and bumping about, I think you would be wise to give yourself alittle more time in the morning before you have to be out and try and eat just a little somthing. if I jumped out of bed and out in 10mins god it would do me in for the rest of the day. take care.
I do the same. This a.m. I woke up feeling shaky, heartbeats fast and light headed. I get anxiety when my husband is not home. Here I am an adult and I feel like I cannot take care of myself or my children, like I need a babysitter or something. My grandmother had this also.  She feared so many things.  I have a fear of being alone.  I have suffered this for years.  I'm afraid to take any anti anxiety medicine and I do see a therapist. I panic if myself or my kids get sick, afraid something horrible will happen to us. It's the worse thing.  I wish things could be normal.
OMG yes I do the same thing, some mornings are horrible for me, sometimes to the point i have to lay back down for a little bit. I wake with my heart pounding, shaky, nausea, and sometimes in a sweat. Anyone here experience the waking up in a sweat or that just me ? I also am a stay at home mom and I would find it very hard to have to leave home early. Although some days i find it hard to leave home at all and I hate it. I have had "panic attacks" since i was in my teens and have always gotten over them then no lasting symptoms until the next "attack" which weren't very often, but 2 months ago I had a bad panic attack and every since i've had the "ongoing" anxiety symptoms which i've never experienced before and this is hell, I don't like it all and wish like all of you I could just be my normal self again. God Bless.
Oops sorry i wanted to ask also, does anyone else feel better at night ? I start feeling the best about 7-8 pm and the rest of the night i feel pretty normal, i find this weird, just wondering if anyone else feels this way.
For me mostly the nights before I go to bed I feel fine. Kinda makes me want to stay up and not go to bed bc I know what the mornings are going to be like.
yes that is exactly what I go through. I wake up feeling like crud at 6 am then feel that way pretty much all day until late evening around 7 or so. Then its a mad rush to get all the things done I couldnt do all day cause I was laying in bed. I hate going to sleep at night cause I know how i am going to feel when i wake up. Sorry to hear more people are dealing with this, but glad to hear im not alone. We should start a chat room or something so we could all calm eachother down at the crack of dawn when we all are having attacks lol.
I've started dreading going to bed because I wake several times a night (4am is the most regular) and I always feel awful. I'm going through the menopause and take blood pressure medication & thyroxine. I wake up dreached in sweat and have the most awful depressing thoughts plus palpatations and a tight feeling in my stomach. I  feel dreadful in the morning and it takes me a couple of hours to feel almost human. My GP doesn't believe in medication for stress but I'm getting to the point where I need some help. I constantly worry about everything and hate feeling this way. I also have this horrible sensation that goes through my body and it mainly happens at night. It's so hard to describe. It's not painful just really odd and strange. Hope things improve for everyone soon.
Hi everyone, I have read all your posts and like you mornings are the worst times for me, and yes joh what you describe is typical anxiety its a rough way to start a new new. However because I have such a problem sleeping I get so anxious at night and have been prescribed a sleeping med also  I have just started taking medication (luvox) and this morning was one of the first mornings where I didnt feel so sick and so far today it seems to be going okay.  I am in day 5, although  must tell you the meds brought all my anxiety symptons back and I do feel light headed and unmotivated.  I am hoping this will all level itself out.  I struggled with a lot of what you all talk about plus giving myself a bladder dysfunction which only fed the anxiety more, so in the end I really had no choice.  Do any of you take any medication or are you just hanging in there and trying to deal with it.  Either was no easy choice is  and it all takes time.
I feel like my life is on hold and wont be back to work now until after Christmas, as I became completely unfunctional just a nevour wreck
No I dont take any meds, I'm too scared to. If fact i get anxiety just thinking about it =( Its a vicious cycle and I hate it
When you get up of a morning do you sometimes feel like your going to "fall over" or kinda like something is medically wrong and you cant figure out what????  For the past 3-4 days I have been feeling this way and its awful!!
My GP seems very reluctant to give me anything medication but in my heart of hearts I'm really not keen myself. It is a vicious circle and fed up feeling so rough. It would be wonderful just to wake up after a great nights sleep and feel normal. Can't remembr the last time I had a really good nights sleep.Good luck to fellow suffers and lets hope things improve soon.
yes!  I feel totally normal at night!  I then have so much hope for the next day to be fine and I make a list of all the things that I want to do!  Then the morning comes and I say, "yeah, right"
I don't know if you are still here, but I could use encouragement. Your story is me. I am now trying meds. How are you doing?
I was looking for answers as to why I had these feelings. Basically the exact same thing. I wake up usually 5 minutes before my alarm goes off and i cannot go back to sleep because my stomach is tossing and turning and i feel nauseated and shaky and weak. Almost like being hung over. I used to get it and I never found out why I got it. THen it went away for about a year and now it's back... I just wish I could figure out what triggers it. Because, it ***** to feel this way every morning!!
I know how all of you are feeling!! Every morning i am so depressed i dont want to get out of bed..some days i have panic attacks in my sleep which is the worst i feel like i cant breathe..i hate mornings if i had to get up any earlier then i do now i dont know how id function. I have severe anxiety disorder and panic disorder, depression, hypochondriac..i am afraid to take medication because i feel it makes people worse sometimes..im trying to do this on my own with seeing my psych twice a week..living like this ***** but its good to know there are others who are going through the same things, makes me feel not so crazy
suzannez222 commented on day 10 off Methodone ...
5 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy I have a heart full of ambi... Comment
46 mins ago
andrea_hemingway95 uploaded new photos