Anxiety Community
feeling of being sick

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

feeling of being sick

Two months ago I feel a nodule on my posterior neck, on my negative view, it is cancer. I scared a lot. I went to specialist doctor and said it was nothing. It is only lipoma. meaning a deposit of fat only. its benign. The doctor told me that it is not necessary to remove it because it is very small. I insist on removing it because i can't go to sleep.  I'm very nervous that it will turn into cancer. My legs were shaken and my heartbeat is very fast. 1 week after the operation, I palpate it again and i feel it is not remove. What should i do? I feel so worried about my condition. Is this Anxiety?

Thank you for your help
Hi.  Your anxiety is causing you to obcess about your health, and the worry is feeding your anxiety thus making it worse.  I suggest you see a psychiatrist to discuss this obcession so the two of you can determine the best route of treatment for you.  What you're doing is very common among anxiety sufferers, so know you're not alone. But seek help so you can get on with your life and be rid of this worry.  Take care!
tnk you very much... God bless
If the surgery was only one week ago, what you are feeling is normal tissue swelling from invasive surgery. Also the assumed fact that you are constantly pushing and prodding at it to see if it's gone away or gotten bigger is only increasing the swelling and preventing it from healing properly.
That you would insist on undergoing surgery for a benign cyst, unless it was cosmetically disfiguring, speaks of a very high level of health anxiety for which I believe you should seek therapy.
The surgery you underwent carried far more risks than the benign fatty tumor, which carried none.
Peace
Greenlydia
Thanks for your advice.
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
13 mins ago
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
rana64, JGF25, and nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status