Aa
A
A
Close
feelings of passing out after working out
I used to play softball and workout all the time and be fine. I am 20 years old now and I recently started trying to get back in my regular workout routine this summer. However, every time I try to run or do even a little exercise I feel like I am about to pass out afterwards. When I am working out I am fine just after I feel exteremly light headed, the left side of my face goes numb sometimes and I feel tingleness in my left arm. Also I feel like I am in a dream somewhat in that my body feels really heavy and my head heavy in a way like it's too hard to move. When I drink water it helps a little but it is hard to eat when I feel this way. The thing is I feel like I drink water like crazy before and after but I still feel like I can't get enough water. It's really starting to scare me and I'm afraid to workout because I might actually pass out next time. Please help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You need to have your blood sugar checked to make sure it isn't too high.  Excessive thirst is a symptom of this.  If you want to know quickly, there are strips you can purchase at your local pharmacy over the counter.  They're called Keotone  (Sp) strips. You urinate on one and the color that it turns will tell you where your sugar level is. Also, make sure your hydrate with not only water but Gatorade (G2..less sugar) bananas, and orange juice.  You may be getting dehydrated and these things will replenish your electrolytes. Take care..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
168348 tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
1 hr ago
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank