Anxiety Community
feelings of passing out after working out

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I used to play softball and workout all the time and be fine. I am 20 years old now and I recently started trying to get back in my regular workout routine this summer. However, every time I try to run or do even a little exercise I feel like I am about to pass out afterwards. When I am working out I am fine just after I feel exteremly light headed, the left side of my face goes numb sometimes and I feel tingleness in my left arm. Also I feel like I am in a dream somewhat in that my body feels really heavy and my head heavy in a way like it's too hard to move. When I drink water it helps a little but it is hard to eat when I feel this way. The thing is I feel like I drink water like crazy before and after but I still feel like I can't get enough water. It's really starting to scare me and I'm afraid to workout because I might actually pass out next time. Please help!
You need to have your blood sugar checked to make sure it isn't too high.  Excessive thirst is a symptom of this.  If you want to know quickly, there are strips you can purchase at your local pharmacy over the counter.  They're called Keotone  (Sp) strips. You urinate on one and the color that it turns will tell you where your sugar level is. Also, make sure your hydrate with not only water but Gatorade (G2..less sugar) bananas, and orange juice.  You may be getting dehydrated and these things will replenish your electrolytes. Take care..
Nighthawk61 commented on oral presentation
jameslynn19 is hoping for a good day! Comment
dan5678 is ... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms