flooding and panic
tonight i couldnt sleep because for the past few months ive been talking to doctors and my parents and people online about how to cope with anxiety and ive gottten so many different ideas about what to do that now i have no clue what to do ive been haveing severe anxiety all night for hours and what makes it worse is i have school tommorow... have i gone too far because i try to stop thinking about this but its extremely hard... or will it all flood out eventually anyways... im really scared and its all just running circles around in my head
Go with what your doctor tells you, he is the expert.  We can share our experiences with it, but we are all different and what works for one may not for another.  Are you in therapy?  If not, you need to see a therapist to address "why" you are so anxious and to learn coping skills. The good thing is that you're talking about it, but you need to talk to someone who can actually do you some good.  Always pay attention to your breathing and make sure you're breathing slowly and deeply.  You need to get your mind on other things, I know this is easier said than done.  If you feel like things are not improving for you, talk to your parents about getting some serious help.  I'm assuming when you say you've talked to your doctor you mean your GP?  If so, forget this you need a real therapist.  Let your parents know that you are feeling no better, so they can get you further help.  Stay off the internet and the blogs, this just keeps you obcessing over your anxiety and hinders your ability to "not" dwell on it.  IF you need to talk to someone then by all means stay with us, but to keep reading about this over and over will just get you more engrossed in it.  When your objective is to not dwell on it.  I think you are now over-whelmed with all the advice and information you've been given.  This is why you need to be one-on-one with someone and take it one step at a time.  I truly hope you can start to feel better, take care.
When I am worried about something, I try and ignore it or forget it.  Its not the best coping skills but it gets it off my mind until I get to the point where I just can't ignore it anymore... its rough. Good luck!