Anxiety Community
fluttering/tightness in chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

fluttering/tightness in chest

I am having weird sensations on the left side of my chest, but they are so faint I'm not sure what I'm feeling.  It's almost like a real faint muscle spasm, that's the best way to describe it.  I am trying not to lose control here, but of course I am worried.  I have been having increased amounts of anxiety of the past few weeks.  I go to bed w/it on my mind and wake up the same way.

I just came from my doctor's office for a follow up visit of sorts.  I have been weaning off of my beta blockers (for those of you who don't know) and he wanted to see how I was.  Well he feels becaus of all the stress I have been under it's a bad time to take me off-so I will continue taking them every other day for the next few months.  I told him it had been a year since my last echo and that I needed another one-so he gave it to me.  He said they were "behind on reading them" so I would know my results at the next visit which is in SEPTEMBER!  He said he isn't expecting anything  to jump out at him........
So I have been sitting here worried to pieces that something new has come up, blocked artery, etc. etc.  All of the bad things that CAN go wrong, that's what I have convinced myself I have.  My appointment was Monday....no call back yet.  However, I have had this strange feeling on my left side, like right near my the top of my blouse, located near my breast.  It's like my chest is quivering or something, it's REALLY hard to describe.  I am pretty nervous about this folks.   I don't know if it's me or what.....all I can think of is "heart attack."  I read some testimonials on cnn.com about folks having heart attacks-why-because I am a gluten for punishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So any little twitch freaks me out!

I am trying so hard to think positive and not constantly worry, but everytime I turn around, someone I know has died.  My very good friends brother died suddenly on Saturday-of course heart related.  I just am coming to terms with the two deaths I dealt with a couple of weeks ago-both heart attacks!  I tell you, when it rains it pours!   I feel as though I am Alice in Wonderland.....

hiya i have been experiencing exactly the same feeling like a very mild vibrating at the top of my left breast i too am worried sick about having a heart attack and this new symptom jus makes me worry even more. i been the doctors 2day and he sounded my heart which he said was fine if thats any help?????
let me know if you find an explaination 4 it will you?

jo
Yep, that's EXACTLY where it is.  So he listened to your heart and said it was fine huh?  That's great to hear.  I will definitely let you know when/if I find out something.  It's so scary not knowing.....that's the hard part.
From what you have described I have had the same sensation. I am not sure of your history though and I am not giving you medical advice.
Occasionally I have get a "fluttering" sensation on the left side of my chest, like a spasm. Sometimes it happens a few times a day. I asked my doctor about it, I thought maybe it was a murmer or something, she said it was esophageal spasm which is, and I quote, 'irregular, uncordinated, sometimes powerful contractions of the esophagus...amxiety or panic attacks can cause simular symptoms...it can be a result of GERD, gastroesophagealreflux disease.'  Look it up and tell me what you think.
yeah hun thats the worse thing not knowing it sends me crazy i had bad palpatations today i never stopped crying and now the silly vibratin twitchin thing,funny thing though i suffer with acid heartburn which i take medication for wonder if that could be it???? oh no im confused even more now ahhhhhhhhh lol
Look up esoghageal spasm and see if you have any of the same symptoms. Stomach issues can cause many diffrent symptoms, trust me I know!!
How funny...well interesting.  I take aciphex for gerd and I also have gallbladder problems!  Marv-my history is so long I won't bore you w/it, but I have had almost every test there is to have, including an MRI.  I really need to have my gallbladder removed, but that's sugery and I am quite afraid to even go that route.

I get palps too, that's why I'm on the BB's.  I feel better now, but just waiting for the next attack.

Thanks you two for responding.  You made me feel more at ease.
10356 commented on Pat1956100's status
specialmom, and TinaR10 commented on Shannon79's status
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...