Anxiety Community
head feels heavy and ears feel blocked but they are not.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

hi im a 21 yo women that is experiencing some weird feeling,i am very scared so i thought i would try and see if anyone knows whats wrong with me.I am a constant stresser but i have always dealt with my stress until now.2 weeks ago i started to feel sick my head feels blockd,ears feel like i need to pop,and i feel weird when i swallow.My eyes are also really sore and it hurts to concentrate,My head is constantly hurting.I dont know really if anyone will know what im talking about but i dont feel like im all here atm i kinda feel like im in a dream all the time and im so sad all the time and cant be happy no matter what.i have gone to the doter but all they said is i should go see a psychologist but i dont really think it would help plus i dont have much money atm.I thought it might be depression but i have had that before and this is a much deeper feeling..i dont feel normal anymore its very weird.i dont know whats wrong with me maybe i got a brain tumour or something??but docters dont really care and dont even do test.i really dont know if anyone will understandme but please if u have any idea i would like to know!thanks so much.sara
  • Ringing in left ear. (2 replies):
    For the last few days my left ear has been ringing. My m...[more]
  • pain (2 replies):
    i have been on medication for anxiety for a week but am ...[more]
  • not a ? (5 replies):
    but when i told my doc i was dizzy he said he didn't kno...[more]
  • NEW SYMPTOM (3 replies):
    FOR SOME REASON I CANT STOP POPPING MY EARS AND MY JAW F...[more]
  • ear and anxiety (1 replies):
    i have a little lump just below my ear and it hurts when...[more]

Hi there Xenasara,

After studying Audiology (which specialises with the ears), it sounds to me that you may have a problem in your inner ear, if your ears feel blocked and like they need popping, that sounds like the ear pressure in either one or both your ears are have fluctuated, the weird feeling when you swallow could also be a problem with your Eustachian tube which connects the back of the throat to your ears, as all are connected.  Problems in the ear can also cause headaches.  What i would suggest is if you visit your GP, and advise him/her that you would like to be referred to your local Ear Nose Throat department who will be able to assess your needs properly, and to hopefully evaluate why you are experiencing these problems.  I think that these physical problems you are having may be making you feel down or depressed, but whether this is the cause of the problems i doubt very much...  Stay positive, and i assure you if you go back to your GP they should be happy to assist!

Haffeeza
hey haffeeza,
thank u so much for your advise i will get onto the docters on monday.I hope it is what u say cause atleast then im not going crazy..:).

You are definately not crazy :-)  All you need to do is tell your doctor that you have been advised by an ear specialist who has said that these physical symptoms your having suggest a problem in your ears... and just to let you know, your doctor should perform an otoscopy, to check that the ear canal is in check, and yout ear drum are healthy...anything other than that needs to be refered to ENT specialist.  I hope this is helpful,

Haffeeza
I feel EXACTLY the same. I dont believe its to do with my ears tho because even though i have these symptoms in my ears now, before i didnt and i still felt really dreamy, heavy headed and kind of not part of reality. I really wish i knew what this was. But as its a really hard thing to explain i dont think the doctors take much notice of it.
I have the same thing as Sara. Im 16 yrs and ive been having head pressure and ear pain. I feel like I'm constantly in a dream 24/7 and i also dont think its stress or anxiety even though i stress a lot too. ive been looking up all these symptoms and cant seem to find anything... its been scaring me to death. I cant concentrate in school its effecting my life. one ear is plugged more then the other and my head is like pounding. I went to the doctor and he said i dont have a inner ear infection. i think i might just have pressure in my inner ear? If anyone knows if pressure in ur inner ear can cause a spacy dream like feeling please wright back! thanks-Nicole
I've had the exact same thing. My docs just scratch their heads and suggest sinusitis, even though I have no cough or mucus or fever. I've been on a few rounds of antibiotics and nothing helped. I finally found a suggestion on a message board - look up candida overgrowth!! I did...and I cried my eyes out because suddenly it all made sense. I ended up going to a Naturopathic doctor because I feel like regular docs don't know anything and just throw meds at you. He used homeopathic medicine on me...Mercurius...tiny sugar cubes under my tongue. I felt better just 30 minutes after my appointment..not great, but better. It's supposed to improve slowly over time. I have never believed in natural healing. Always been very skeptical. But I'm open to it now. I suggest look into Candida overgrowth AND see a good Naturopath. Also make sure you've had all the necessary tests done to rule things out, which is great for peace of mind (to know you're not dying or anything). I had bloodwork, EKG, CT scan, even a spinal tap...all were normal. My blood pressure and temperature are always normal, too. This might suggest something else is going on, like a problem in your gut (Candida). How well are you eating? Does your diet have a lot of sugar, flour, dairy? The more I research, the more I find these things are all connected. It's NO fun feeling this way and it totally disrupts your life. Do research, don't get paranoid, change your diet, see a Naturopath!
Thank you for sharing your experience. im feeling same at the moment as what you had experienced this year. So how are you doing now? Are you perfectly well now?
Yes, many of these symptoms sound like Candida (or other parasite) overgrowth.  Anxiety and depression (even severe depression) can be one of the telling symptoms of gut dysbiosis! Gluey ear also occurs as well has foggy brain.  This occurs especially after taking even just one round of antibiotics or if you have been on some other pharmaceutical for an extended period of time.   Many of you should definitely have a fecal parasite test, not a blood or urine one, to confirm weather you have this.  One lab I would recommend is the Scottsdale Parasite Center ( I think that's the name.)  Also, look into the GAPS protocol for treatment of Candida.  The standard Candida Diet, i understand, does not work very well.  Also understand that it could take years to fully recover from this, it could take many months just to start feeling better!  Patience and lots of it is recommended as well as sticking with the diet protocols very STRICTLY!
hey there, i m new to this site... found my symptoms matching. it started from feb 2014 when i had severe viral fever with cough & cold. took simple antibiotics & it was gone aftr a week but there was a persistant stuffy nose & post dippin after that, i thought it was just my allergic rhinitis which i hv frm yrs. but suddenly head aches started in march...i again thought it was jst migraine pains & didnt care much, i was little worried when head aches got persistant & went to ent. He told me it was sinus infection due to common cold last month & did a x ray of sinusis, medications started, took antibiotics for 15 + days & its killing....stomach probs & all. My head was better than before but suddenly i got vulvitis aftr antibiotics, i was so wrrd went to gynae & got some meds fr it. it was fine but still get little redness sometimes., also the symptoms u mentioned heavy head & ears, ringing, sometimes with pain & pain sensations like aura in migraine. i went to naturopath, he is givin me meds for sinus & cervical as pain in neck also started. he says it is cervical headaches, sinus & migraine. it is weird, don't knw wht to do. will talk to him abt candida tdy. i m fed up of this mucus & heavyness.
hi ,,,my name is shushil shah from nepal ,,,i feel same like yo pls help me what could i do to cure my deseases,,,
Hello everyone.. I am AsleyStewart and i also have very symptoms like Candida. if anyone have solution for this please please tell me..  Thanks...
Megnyc added the Sleep Tracker
1 hr ago
Megnyc is anxious Comment
1 hr ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago