Anxiety Community
head tension/sensation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

head tension/sensation

I have had this tension on the left side of my head everyday for about 4 years now. It doesn't always feel the same and it moves around. Sometimes it is more of a tingly/itchy sensation than a tension and creeps into my facial area as well. I know it doesn't do me any harm, but it bugs the **** out of me. It is constant all the time unless I am drunk, although I gave up drinking almost a year ago. I know it started from abusing alcohol and drugs because it would be worst after long nights of drinking and some nights drugs as well. I've heard anxiety can cause weird symptoms like this but this still confuses me. Sometimes I swear I am as calm as can be and the symptoms are still there. At the beginning it would go away after a few days off the booze. Then it became a constant thing that would just be worse after nights of drinking. So anyways I quit drinking, its been almost 11 months no booze except for 1 slip up and I still have this problem. It worries me so much that it has been with me for so long and the fact that no doctor or any health practitioner has ever been able to give me a clear answer of what is causing it. I think about it constantly and it has been the central focus of my life for a long time now. I'm only 25 and feel like I am wasting valuable years of my life dealing with this stupid problem on a constant basis. I consider myself to be an intelligent person with many capabilities but cannot pursue anything until this is gone. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Solution?
Hey I get exactly the same as you! Mine is taking over my life. I think it is all down to anxiety because you can get weird head  symptoms like that. I can't get rid of mine either and its really scaring me that's it's something to so with my brain. Book a doctors appointment and discuss your symptoms and options!
Jade59 commented on photo
Jade59 commented on photo
10356 commented on onthefence's status