Anxiety Community
headaches confusion dizziness

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

headaches confusion dizziness

i am 25 years old male, having headaches for the last 1 month along with confusion, irritability, dizziness and nausea
the nature of the headaches is such that they start after few mins i wake up and remain 24/7, at first it was throbbing in nature at my occipital region and i could pinpoint it , then after few days it shifted to left side and then right side and finally at my frontal region. my head feels heavy soon after i wake up in the morning and remains like that till evening,
i was also having trouble with my vision for the last 4 months, i am a myopic and wear glasses for the last 12 years. i stated to have difficulty focusing on moving objects especially while driving and difficulty concentrating. i went to many opthalmologists, had refraction may times and changed my glasses frequently but could not find relief.
when the headaches started i again consulted my ophthalmologist, he said that there is nothing wrong with my eyes and that the headaches are not due to the glasses
finally i consulted neurologist, he said that he thinks that the headaches are due to neck muscle spasm. he put me on tizanidine 1 tab twice daily and amitryptyline 1 tab at night and ibuprofen (SOS). i used it for 1 week my headaches got slight better but the nausea and confusion was still disturbing me also now i was having palpitations so i visited him again . he stopped amitryptyline and put me on clonazepate 5mg 1 tab at night and inderal(propanolol)20mg twice daily and tizanidine 2mg twice daily.he didn't advised any MRI or CT brain. i have been using this prescription for about 15 days now.i am not using any painkillers now ,just the above mentioned drugs and i am getting better. i feel good every day. its hard for me during the early hours of morning cause i still fell little confused, lack of concentration, heaviness in the head and the dizziness is still there but not that much
i want to know what is causing all these symptoms, is it tension headaches, cluster headaches, migraines, anxiety or depression.it could be anxiety or depression both because there is history of depression in or family and i have also suffered from acute depression many times but haven't taken any medicine for it, plus i am jobless for past 4 months.
please help
Hello~I am glad that you saw a neurologist, but, I am sorry the doctor really was not able to help.

Since you have a doctor and issues have been ruled out, I strongly would suggest a visit to a chiropractor. I really feel you could be helped by one. It appears to me that you have some pinched nerves in your neck, and if so, no amount of drugs is going to unpinch them. The chiropractor will take some cervical x-rays and then work on your neck, I really think you would start feeling better after your first treatment.

Yes, sometimes, anxiety and depression can cause the headaches, etc, but again, a chiro is usually able to help with that as well.

I know this may sound too easy or unbelievable, but, I speak from experience, they have helped me in so many ways.
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
10356 commented on READY
opus88 commented on READY
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms