Anxiety Community
health anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

health anxiety

OK so yesterday i got bitten by a stray cat. My health anxiety kicks in and i freaked out thinking im gonna die from Rabies. So i went to ER they cleaned the wound and gave me a shot and also antibiotics and told me that i can get a rabies shot if i want to. So i decided to be on the safe side and take the rabies shot although the cat seemed to be friendly and seemed to belong to someone. Now back to Rabies. Its a total of 8 shots and i got 3 today and im getting the rest this week and another one next week and so on. So after i get my rabies vaccine i start to freak out. I'm like what if they injected me with the actual disease. So i have been freaking out for the past 3 hours. I started searching on the internet and found this article. Here is a quote from the article.

Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, who was unconditionally opposed to the rabies vaccine because of well-documented neurologic damage and death from it, tells of a medical officer in Canada, Dr. Peter Cole, who points to inferential evidence that the disease is not as readily communicable to humans as is commonly thought.
Source: http://www.vaclib.org/intro/rabies.htm

So now im sitting here freaking out thinking i might die from a neurological damage.I keep thinking they injected me with the actual disease and Rabies is a deadly disease which death is 100% once you get infected. Im pretty sure the cat didnt have Rabies but now im freaking out maybe the vaccine gave me Rabies or as the article stated it will cause neurologic damage and death.
Stop searching the internet for info on rabies!! This will only make your anxiety worse. Also, it doesn't help that you are getting your info from anti-vaccine websites - which often use scare tactics, unreliable sources, and present miniscule risks as "common." You are right that the cat most likely did not have rabies, and that you did not need the shots. However, you are not going to die from getting these shots - or suffer and neurological damage. The doctor DID NOT give you rabies. If you are worried about getting these shots, speak to your doctor about not getting anymore of them. However, you need to speak to you doctor about the anxiety / obsessing that you are experiencing. You need to treat your health-related anxiety.

Best of luck...
You have no problem & those shots will not make any damage to you.

Believe it..........its the only way to get rid of your thoughts.......faster you admit this faster your anxiety goes

Best of luck

Paxiled commented on Study Discovers Poten...
46 mins ago
Jennc01 commented on Is this withdrawal?
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...