Anxiety Community
health anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

health anxiety

I don't understand why these symptoms of anxiety exist almost constantly. Its like I would not be anxious if I wasn't experiencing all these weird feelings all day that make me think I'm dying.
i know exactly how you feel. i been to many dr and now coming to conclusion that its anxiety and started treatment...

have you seen any dr's?
Yes I have seen too many to count. I went to the ER several times and to regular doctors. They say I'm fine but it is hard for me to accept that when I still feel all these different symptoms
Your kind of anxiety sounds like you have a steady stream of adrenaline flowing.

I'll tell you how that works.

The stress hormone in our brains, norepinephrine, triggers adrenaline. There can be a chemical/hormone imbalance that means there can be too much stress hormone being released, resulting in a steady stream of adrenaline.

If can feel like you are scared half to death all day, every day. It's exhausting, and can create a suicidal mood in an effort to get the "scared half to death" feeling to stop.

Have you experienced any sort of long-lasting trauma? Have you seen someone you love almost die? Have you had a near death experience, of felt as though you were going to die? Have you ever been assaulted- whether physically, emotionally, psychologically or sexually? Have you ever been in military combat?

Do you have nightmares about any circumstances in your life? Do you have memories during the day where you feel the same bad emotion as when something bad happened to you, ie: scared, embarrassed, hurt?

Does anyone in your family suffer from a mood disorder- depression/bipolar disorder? Does anyone in your family have an anxiety disorder such as PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)? Has anyone in your family had any of the above mentioned occurances in their life?

If so, consult with your Dr, and tell them all of these things. Yes to those questions can help your Dr to understand more fully your anxiety, and can help them in modifying your medication regimine.

If you aren't seeking medical attention for your anxiety, then I urge you to do so immediately.
Thank you and yes I am working with a therapist on this it got better for a while but now it is back worse than ever. And like I said the feelings cause me to stress more because I don't want to die I'm only 24
Many wise people have told me and have posted here on this board that your symptoms of Anxiety cannot kill you and I know its hard to remind yourself of that sometimes but its true.
I have daily symptoms as well and after going through a barrage of tests where no medical cause could be found I have finally accepted that these are the result of my anxiety.

So first of all, if you haven't already, work with your Dr. to rule out anything medical. Then work with your therapist to get on a plan of therapy and perhaps medication to help take the edge off so you can see your way through this. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy might be something you would be interested in looking into.

So my advice is relax.. you're not going to die..... and you will get better....good luck and keep us posted....
Thanks.. Yeah I think part of the problem is I am getting in my own way. I partied a lot in the past but am living healthy now. Its just hard to believe that nothing is wrong after all I've put myself through.
They constantly exist because your pattern of thinking hasn't changed. It takes time and lot's of effort to adjust your thinking and learn how to accept. By accept, I mean you must accept that you are prone to anxiety and that this anxiety will sometimes be along for the ride, but you shouldn't allow it to stop you from living a full life.

Picture you anxiety as a vegetable salesman who constantly follows you wherever you go. Every so often he taps you on the shoulder and says "Hey, I have this basket of rotten cabbage, would you like to buy it?" You say no, he says "But you NEED this cabbage and I'm not leaving until you buy it". Instead of arguing and saying no, you simply give up the fight and keep going about your business. Ignoring him. You don't buy the rotten cabbage, and you don't buy these thoughts that are sometimes going to sneak up on you and insist you need them. Let these thoughts just tag along, but don't buy them.

Yeah I'm with rls27. Your pattern of thinking is crucial. For years I did a lot of "negative self talk," where I would say "oh I'm such an idiot," or "oh i can't do this or that well." It held me back. My therapist figured that out and encouraged me to talk to myself (on the inside, not literally) and say encouraging things. Do this a few times a day. Try saying "I'm okay. Nothing is wrong. I will live a happy life" to yourself. And mean it! It helps.
IBKleen commented on Rosy?
1 hr ago
I'm a hopeless ugly man :(
2 hrs ago by RT93
jugglin commented on Rosy?