Anxiety Community
how to stop xanax

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

how to stop xanax

my father is 69 years old, nad has been taking 0.25 mg xanax 3 times a day for almost  3 weeks. he is also taking an antidepressant (seroxat). he is always tired, sleepy and dizzy, and i believe it is due to the xanax side effects, i want to take him off of it, or at least take it down to only 0.25 mg at bedtime, but i am worried about withdrawal and return of anxiety. what is the best way to do it?
Contact his doctor for information about how to proceed for the tapering. Personally I don't think it can cause a severe withdrawal since it's only been 3 weeks but 3 times a day is enough to cause problem so slowly reducing his dose should be the considered.

M4
Xanax should be tampered off very slowly.It is a very addictive med!I talk ti you out of experience!If he could go on to another med now that it is early i would advise him to do so!let us know what happened!gl!
dominosarah commented on Feels like life is ov...
43 mins ago
junaidwisal depressed Comment
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on Feels like life is ov...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms