how to taper xanax
I am on Xanax 1mg at night.How do I taper it to zero?.any suggestions.My Pdoc is out on vacation.
I am currently trying to wean off myself!! And I think a doc could give you the best advice..
However I know you need to go off slowly and steadily.. I have only been on it for like four or five months and first you need to take like 3/4 of your pill for like a week and then take a half pill or .50 for like a week or two and then .25 for like a week and then if still needed cut that in half to and just take a fragment of the pill so to speak and then try taking it every other day and then every third day!!! So it would take like a month but it's not a drug you can just stop and talking with a doc first is your best idea
Thanks a lot for the advice.I am planning to cut it down by reducing it by 0.25mg every 10 days till I stop it.
Depends how long you have been taking it and have you increased dose over time... If you wanna decrease your dosage and you had increased it before change are that it will be a slow process that you gotta be careful of. It's not a day to day dose reducing depending on how long you have been taking it. Don't reduce your dose by half... Try quarter at a time and that stay with a quarter reduction for at least a week or two.

Of course some people don't experience withdrawal at all.. it all depends on how long and dosage and your own brain.

I took some benzos for 4 weeks with relatively high dose and i didnt have any panic when i stop taking it but i started taking some again 2-3 weeks after cuz i was sick of anxiety untill i can get my Cymbalta...