Anxiety Community
i feel like im gonna have a seizure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

i feel like im gonna have a seizure

i have had anxiety for several years.i am not on meds at this time except the occasional xanax.i get these weird feelings like i am gonna have a seizure.i dont have epilepsy or never had a seizur but its this strange feeling that i am gonna start twitching or convulsing. i start feeling a pain/pressure at the base of my neck and it lasts several min..im so confused.
Have you seen someone have one or heard of someone close to you have one that might cause you to have that fear?
Hi hope, I have also been having the problem you're describing.  It's terrifying.  The right side of my neck, jaw, face and ear go numb and start to get really tight, then spreads to my whole right side until the tension is so severe I swear I'm going to start having a seizure.  I've never had one either nor is this disorder in my family so I have just chalked it up to one more anxiety symptom.  It's a horrible and disturbing feeling.  
I was on xanax and when I stopped taking them suddenly I did have a seizure a few days later. I had never had a seizure before. I have not had one since then which was a few years ago, but every now and then I get a funny feeling like a may have another seizure. Be careful with the xanax.

Dove
thanx dove but i was experiencing these symptoms even before the xanax.i have taken 2 or 3 over a 3 month period and dont like to really take any meds cause i dont like the way they make me feel.plus my dad is a recovering alcoholic and addiction runs in my family so i am constantly aware
Yes many medications will give you a tight sensation in your head, neck and shoulders.  It is very unpleasant and frightening.  I experienced a vicelike grip over my brain (i know that sounds weird - inside my head anyway) like I was being paralysed.

You don't want to mess with these drugs - I took them 10 years ago when I was 18 and did not know that they are the same drugs that people take on the street.  If you don't want to risk your health in this hit and miss game of right drug/wrong drug, I suggest that you seek other forms of treatment.
I have 2 nd digree brain damage and I had a brain trauma 6 years ago I was brain dead for three days then I went into a coma for two weeks when I went home from the hospital I started smoking weed for the pain and to put me to sleep I threw away all the medication the doctors gave me .... let me tell you this I have never been back into a hospital again.. I just stop smoking to get a job and I feel like something is going to happen really soon

.
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago
Jade59 commented on dominosarah's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 So I might have to go into ... Comment