Anxiety Community
im a recovering opiate addict with anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Been clean since November of 08 been on methadone for 3 years, March of 09, just recently I started having horrifying  panic attacks. Since the beginning of my methadone use I have been told that taking a "benzo" with methadone will kill me. So, since I was prescribed Ativan 0.5 mg, I have been more panic stricken. But I know some people in my situation that take Ativan everyday over 0.5 up to 2 mg, when I take 0.5 it once a week or so. What is going on? Will it kill me or what?
Tags: help addicts, i need advice and fast, opiate & benzo, benzo's, methadone & Benzos, Addiction, Panic, Anxiety, Stress and anxiety
The doctor who prescribed the Ativan should have addressed the issue of using these two drugs at the same time. I would put a call into him to discuss this. Your pharmacist can also tell you if there is an interaction between these two drugs.
I congratulate you on your courage and strength to stay clean.....I know how terribly difficult it is.
The sudden onset of "horrifying" panic attacks has a CAUSE and you seriously need to figure out what that is. You don't say what you are clean of, but panic attacks can make the best of us run to anything to keep them at bay. I'd hate to see you lose your quit to this or begin to abuse the Ativan and wind up in another leaky canoe.
I strongly urge you to get some professional help to sort this stuff out. You've worked too hard and come too far to get tripped up by panic.
Get to the root cause of your panic, get it dealt with and get your life back.It won't be easy, but nothing worth fighting for ever is.
I wish you the best
Peace
Greenlydia
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
30 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
1 hr ago
Irisbritney commented on Irisbritney's status