Anxiety Community
i'm having trouble socializing

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

i'm having trouble socializing

I just transferred to a new college for my junior year, and I am finding that I am having trouble making friends. I have had plenty of opportunities, but I freak out when in social situations. I just stand quietly and have no idea what to say.
I have never had a problem like this before. I used to be pretty social and had a lot of friends. I never had problems talking to new people. This anxiety is very new to me. Is there anything I can do to overcome this? Its kind of sad sitting in my room alone on weekends and I'm getting kind of lonely.
Tags: social anxiety, trouble, friends
Are there any clubs at college? Like photography clubs and the likes. Something you could join. I am sure you are far from alone in your situation. Probably others like you at the same college. Is there a councilor at this college? Somebody you can sit and have a chat with? The sollution could be as easy as that. At worst it might be suggested that you maybe try a low dose of medication. But that would be my last resort in your situation. I think I would look for a school councilor. Have a chat with her / him about how you are feeling and work on things from there. It doesn't have to be massive steps at a time. Slowly build that confidence back up. You have a full life ahead of you. This is just a hurdle you have to get over. And you will get over it.
Nighthawk61 commented on Dear future me
specialmom commented on photo
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms