Anxiety Community
i'm having trouble socializing

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

i'm having trouble socializing

I just transferred to a new college for my junior year, and I am finding that I am having trouble making friends. I have had plenty of opportunities, but I freak out when in social situations. I just stand quietly and have no idea what to say.
I have never had a problem like this before. I used to be pretty social and had a lot of friends. I never had problems talking to new people. This anxiety is very new to me. Is there anything I can do to overcome this? Its kind of sad sitting in my room alone on weekends and I'm getting kind of lonely.
Tags: social anxiety, trouble, friends
Are there any clubs at college? Like photography clubs and the likes. Something you could join. I am sure you are far from alone in your situation. Probably others like you at the same college. Is there a councilor at this college? Somebody you can sit and have a chat with? The sollution could be as easy as that. At worst it might be suggested that you maybe try a low dose of medication. But that would be my last resort in your situation. I think I would look for a school councilor. Have a chat with her / him about how you are feeling and work on things from there. It doesn't have to be massive steps at a time. Slowly build that confidence back up. You have a full life ahead of you. This is just a hurdle you have to get over. And you will get over it.
mishymoshymarcy "Turn your desert of loneli... Comment
Amy4891 Doing better with my psycho... Comment
LuiLui_ added the Blood Pressure Tracker
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms