Anxiety Community
increasing prozac dose

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

increasing prozac dose

I have been on 10mg of prozac for anxiety/Panic for about a month. The anxiety has recently increased tremendously and I have increased my dose to 20mg 4 days ago. How long until I should feel some relief from incrasing the dose?  I have taken 20mg in the past and done fine on it. I recently have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and started on synthroid also. Thanks for any info.
not to give you bad news but prozac is really not a good med for anxiety, all prozac dose is that you take 10mg then you sai in onemouth you upt it to 20mg well in a nother mouth u will have to up it again, and prozac is a downer med for deppretion maybe you should try to take Visteral, it works good one me
A common side-effects of antidepressants is increased anxiety.  Kinda ironic, ha?

Don't increase it.  You may want to taper off or add something else, but in order to do this safely, it should be discussed with your physician and together make an informed decision.  
mishymoshymarcy Its okay to ask for help...... Comment
5 mins ago
dominosarah commented on VICourageous's status
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms