indecisiveness and depression
im not far from 40, and for most of my life, i have been unable to make important decisions, like
choosing a profession. i have obssesional thinking, and every thime i tend towards something, i immediatley think about the other options, and feel that what i choose isnt good enough. its true about choosing what to study, about where to travel, and in recent years about where to live. the last thing actually paralyzed my life, since if you cant choose where to live, you cant make any commitments like renting a place, commiting to a job, etc..
i tried serotonin based medication, but it really didnt solve the problem, nor did various therapists.
what decisions i do make i tend to regret, and think and replay many many things in the past.
usually the decisions are influenced by others, what others study, where others go to , etc.. so i drift in to things
without being able to feel whole with a rational decision made by myself , for myself. needless to say, these problems have a devastating affect on my mood, family, relations,ect...
You need to start therapy.  It sounds like depression making you feel insecure and afraid to decide.  Good luck.